sᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀ

ねた

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀๋࣭ ⭑ ⩇⩇:⩇⩇ ⭑

๋࣭ ⭑ ⩇⩇:⩇⩇ ⭑

๋࣭⭑ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ .𖥔 ݁ ˖

The hospital clinic is a cacophony of sounds and sights. Papers are strewn across the nurse's station, and medical equipment lies haphazardly on countertops. Empty cups and bowls of food abandoned on the tables. The scene in the adjacent room was even worse with the whole place looking cramped, cloths and towel hanging low on wires that connects the two bunk beds. In one corner, a tall young man sleeps in a bed, snoring peacefully. He has dyed blonde hair accented with his dark green roots. His sheets twisted and rumpled. Nearby, a woman sleeps fitfully, her thin brown hair splayed across the pillow and few locks of hairs frames a noticeable beauty mark under her right eye. A book opened in the corner while she sleeps with her legs open. A half empty pack of cigarettes lay beside her accompanied by a purple tinted lighter.

The incessant ringing of a phone cuts through the stillness, disturbing the women's already troubled sleep. Its shrill tone echoes off the sterile walls, adding to the chaotic atmosphere of the room. Despite the women's attempts to block out the noise, it persists, a relentless reminder of the world outside this hospital bed. She groans and yawns. "Hey, answer your phone." She called out to her roommate who was still snoring. "Hey... Naoya, it's your phone." Hearing her annoyed tone, Naoya yawned turning to his side which pissed her off even more.

With a frustrated groan, she finally decides to take matters into her own hands. Wriggling, thrashing and kicking her feets in the air with complete annoyance, she pushes herself up from the bed, her movements hindered by the mess that was scattered around the small room. "I need to sleep!" Ignoring the discomfort, she makes her way over to the desk groggily where the phone sits, its incessant ringing grating on her nerves. With a determined expression, she reaches out and grabs the phone.

'Crazy Dog' that was the name which flashed on the screen when she squinted her eyes. "Hey, it's crazy dog." Naoya's eyes shot open as his eyes widen in surprise at the mention of the name 'Crazy Dog,' he sits up with a sudden jerk, his drowsiness evaporating in an instant. The woman watches him, amused by his sudden alertness, as he reaches out eagerly for the phone. She threw the phone in his direction and he caught it. "You're dead meat, your phone rang more than 10 times." She had a shit eating grin on her lips as she sprawled on her bed again.  Naoya coughed before answering the call. "Yes Dr. Zen'in. This is Naoya."

"Hey!" The loud voice made Naoya flinch so hard that the young man almost dropped the phone. "Yes sir." Naoya replied immediately. "Answer your phone, you idiot!" Naoya could here his senior's voice even if he kept the phone at some distance from his ear. He rubbed his eyes exhaustedly. "No, it's..." Naoya tried to explain but his senior seems to be in a hurry as he interrupted him. "Where is Ieiri?" "Ieiri?" Naoya repeated after him with a confused look. On the other hand, Shoko shot open her eyes once she heard her last name  being called. "She's right next to me. I'm not sure why she wouldn't answer her stupid phone."