one

Lyla's POV

It was another day of school. I didn't know how much more I could take of this. Summer break was only weeks from now and I was anxious to get this over with. I was a freshman and everyone looks down on freshman, so I try to keep my distance. My friends are gushing over any upperclassmen that look their way.

When I heard the last bell ring, everyone jumped out of their seats. I slowly picked up my belongings, sighed and tossed my backpack over my arms. I smiled at my teacher as I walked out. I was a shy kid and didn't say much, but I was thankful that I was smart, so the teachers didn't feel the need to call on me, they knew I knew all the answers.

"Hey Lyla, are you coming over to my place to hang out?" Emma asks as we walk out the doors. I shook my head, I needed to study. Finals were coming up and even though we had a couple weeks, I needed to make sure I ended this year strong. My teachers had no doubt in me that I wasn't going to end strong, but I wasn't taking any chances.

I waved Emma goodbye as we found our parent's car. Getting into the passenger seat, I was greeted by my Mom who looked exhausted, like usual.

"How was school?" She asked me, pulling out the parking lot. I shrugged my shoulders. We did pretty much the same thing every day and if we didn't, it was just a waste of time for me to be here, watching all the other students mess around.

"Same old, same old" I sighed. She gave me a sympathetic smile and continued the drive home.

We pulled into the garage and she put the car in park. I watched as my Dad welcomed us from the door with a big smile on his face. One thing I was thankful for that my friends couldn't say was that, I was glad my parents were still together. They would always relate to each other about going back and forth from house to house, but I could never say anything since I didn't know what that felt like.

"I'm cooking your favorite for dinner tonight, Lyls" Dad exclaims, kissing my forehead as I enter the house. I gave him a smile, thanking him before I headed up to my room.

I opened my door, revealing all of the Taylor Swift posters on the walls, my custom Taylor duvet that my Aunt gifted me for my birthday, and my Taylor vinyls and CDs all looking back at me. I smiled and set my backpack down, getting my notebook, textbooks, and pencil case out. I sat at my desk, look over my planner of the order of all of my classes. I went over to my record player, hitting the start button as my folklore vinyl began.

One reason on why I was so eager to be over this school year was because my parents bought me tickets to The Eras Tour. I've been a fan ever since I was a little girl, my Mom has bought me all of her merchandise throughout the years and only this year she had enough money to buy me tickets. I was upset that she only bought one, since her and my Dad needed to work, but I knew that there might be the possibility of making friends there. None of my friends were Swifties, so I didn't really know anyone in person that was going.

"Lyla, time for dinner" Mom knocked on my door. I had been studying for an hour now and was getting hungry. I closed my textbooks, setting my things back into my backpack as I tided up my desk. I stopped my record player and shut off all the lights in my room, before heading down.

Mom finished setting the table and Dad plated up all of our food. He made my favorite, shrimp scampi. I grabbed a drink from the fridge and sat down in my spot right next to Mom. While we ate, Dad continued to ask me about my day at school which there wasn't much to say. Mom was asking me how excited I was that school was ending soon and I was overjoyed.

"Do you know what you're wearing to the concert?" Mom asked me and I nodded eagerly. One of my favorite songs was Midnight Rain, so I was going to be dressed in a dark blue satin dress, black sneakers since I didn't want to risk my feet hurting in heels, and raindrop glasses. I know that I probably won't be the only one dressed like that, but I was proud and knew I would look amazing.