Happiness comes to an end...

As is customary for the Jones family, it was a lovely day inside their home as Mrs. and Mr. Jones, along with their young daughter, busied themselves decorating the house.

Emilia was occupied with playing and laughing with her nanny, whom she regarded as a mother figure, as she ran up and down the house.

Emilia's smile vanished in an instant as Mrs. Jones began to cough violently and Mr. Jones reached over to hold a cup of water for his wife.

She ran to her parents, kneeling, and began softly petting her mother's back. This had been happening for a while, and every time she asked, her parents would always come up with an excuse to tell her.

Even as a young child, she was aware that something was wrong with her mother because she frequently got sick and coughed, and from the books she read, she also knew that her mom was ill, even though her parents did not want to worry her.

After a few minutes, Emilia nods understandingly and assists her mother in getting up from the floor when she asks to go to the room and rest.

With tears starting to well up in their eyes, Mr. Jones leads his wife into the room and places her down on the bed. The couple cries for a good while, unaware of the eyes taring at them from the other side of the door.

While Emilia was standing there staring at them, she braced herself for the worst. She ran back to her room, closed it, then jumped onto her bed and began to cry, even though she had no idea why.

She sobbed until she passed out, and when the time came for her to wake up, her mother entered her room and carefully closed it. She then sat next to Emilia, petting her hair and trying desperately not to cry. Emilia pretended to be asleep, so she remained motionless.

Mrs. Jones gives a small smile and begins chatting to herself.

Greetings, dear princess I hope that one day you will be able to forgive me for everything that I have done to you. My time is almost over, and it feels like God is punishing me for my wrongdoings. I wish I could tell you everything right now, but I can't, my princess. All I want is for you to know that I love you. While I may have done things out of hatred in the past, I only wanted to be your mother. Sadly, I can not do that now, and I will be leaving for a long time. I want you to become a strong woman, something that neither I nor the most significant people in your life were unable to accomplish. I apologize, my dear.

Those were the last words she spoke before storming out of the room, unable to contain her tears. Emilia was left wondering what her mother was trying to say, since her mother has always been the best mother a person could ask for, and she did not understand why her mother was even asking for her forgiveness.

After two months, the expected happened: she learned of her mother's passing at school. Many people were expecting her to cry, but she met everyone's stare with seriousness and shed only one tear-that is, until her mother was buried.

Everyone was taken aback by her response to her mother's passing; instead of the weeping infant they had expected to see, she was a resilient young girl who grinned broadly and welcomed them all.

Following her mother's funeral, months passed by swiftly. Her father suddenly found himself preoccupied, refusing to spend time with Emilia and saying he had no time to himself.

Emilia, who was accustomed to her family alone and is a kind of child who does not associate with many people, made friends at school with Sara, who occasionally visited Emilia's home to keep her company. Nevertheless, Emilia eventually felt lonely.

Her father called Emilia after arriving home earlier than usual one day for the first time in months, saying he had an important conversation with her.

After coming downstairs from her bedroom to their sitting area, Emilia saw that her father was already seated and waiting for her. She greeted him, but he did not respond.

Emilia was hurt, but because she never allowed her feelings to be seen, no one could see what she was thinking or feeling.

"Take a seat! She obeyed her father's order with grace. However, his father's next words stunned her for a moment, leaving her speechless and unsure of how to respond.

"I want to bring over another woman because your mother passed away and I need to continue living, which requires a woman to be here. I am not asking for your permission; I just wanted you to know that we will now be a family of four because Laura also has a daughter who is now your sister.

He left a worried Emilia there and said, "My mom passed away a few months ago. Now that her dad is getting married, she is going to have a step mom and sister too. Her dad does not seem to care about her anymore." Emelia felt the urge to scream, but she was not weak.

She realized that crying was never the best course of action, so she straightened her posture, grinned to herself, and stood up, wiping the one tear that was already streaming out of her eyes.

"It is just marriage, nothing more, and I am going to have a sister double blessing-my father will love me again. Maybe this is what Daddy needs to be happy again."

She forced herself to think that way, not realizing how drastically her life was going to change.