Aria

It's so quiet here, after the attack. The leaves rustled in the wind without the agonizing screams that followed, is the war over. No it'll never end, you'll understand after years of fighting, years of seeing things no one wants to see. It'll all blur down into a constant haze, a variation of reality true to only me. Verdian, Eltrude? I see no difference, only unnecessary bloodshed.

I walked around looking for any people, Huh there's really no one here, that's surprising. I took out my map and saw, my location, The border, No wonder there's no one. Nothing ever comes good in these, woods.

I continued down the path, the crunch of leaves under my boots echoing through the empty woods. The rustling trees, the distant call of a bird, it was all too quiet for a place that had seen so much violence. I was a Verdian soldier, a defender of my people, but the war with Eltrude had gone on for many years and I've seen too much. We were all tired, drained by the constant fighting and the loss of too many friends.

I streched my arms, listening to the peaceful noises of nature, This is nice. No humans here to ruin everything, I found a nice spot near a tree trunk allowing a ray of sunlight to shine through. I sat leaned againt the tree trunk. Mabey I could spare a small nap..

Suddenly, I heard a rustle in the bushes ahead. Great I was getting comfortable, I tensed, my hand instinctively reaching for the gun at my side. I moved, my eyes scanning the underbrush for any sign of movement. A small creature scurried away, and I let out a sigh of relief. But then, I saw it. A figure huddled against a tree, their body shaking with fear.

It was an Elrudian soldier. His own people held him at gunpoint. He was young, barely more than a boy. I could see the fear in his eyes, the desperation as he looked at me.

I could walk away, leave him to his fate. Or I could save his life despite the fact that he was my enemy. Who cares I'm not going to let someone die. Besides he was kinda cute.

I stepped forward, drawing my gun. I shot one bullet in that direction. Oh shit I missed. FUCK I have one more bullet left if I miss Im totally done for. Wait what am I talking about there's 3 people and only one bullet. But I'm verdan and they're not, we're naturally gifted. I pulled out my emergency voidaxe, and went right for it. Oh screw it. I fought off the soldiers.

As I sheathed my voidaxe. I looked at the boy as he was trying to figure out what was happening. 

I'm sorrry the chapter is sooo short :( next one is definetly longer!