Chapter 5 Assassins attak

As Deimos continued his journey towards Etheria's capital, Vilrok, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being stalked. He felt like he was being watched, and it wasn't just paranoia. The crows, as Tom had warned him, were on his tail.One night, when the moon was high in the sky and all was quiet, Deimos heard a rustling in the bushes. He instantly looked round and got to his feet, his trusty tip-knife in his hand. Out of the darkness came three figures dressed in black as night robes. Their eyes glittered in the darkness, and smelling of blood, Deimos immediately realised who these men were. "Well, well, well, what have we here?" - One of them said, his voice sounding cold and ruthless. "Miss Isolde, we've been looking for you for a long time."Deimos looked at them, his eyes full of determination. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied. "I'm just a traveller."The Assassins laughed. "Don't lie to us, Isolde," the other said. "We know who you are. And we know who you seek.""Then you should also know that I will not give up without a fight," Deimos said, releasing his claws and preparing to attack.The Assassins froze for a moment, then lunged at him. The battle was brutal. Deimos fought with desperation, using all his melee skills and magic to fend off the attacks. He was a strong and experienced warrior, but his opponents were numerically superior.However, despite the odds, Deimos was able to gain the upper hand. He used his magic to blind his opponents and then used his skills to send one by one to the next world. When the last of the assassins fell, Deimos, almost out of breath, lowered himself over him and said in an otherworldly voice."Who are you? And who sent you?" - Deimos said in a cold tone."..." - "My name is Marlock, I was hired by the Raven Clan to kill Isolde, the heir to the throne, and they said it was an easy task. I don't know any more than that." Marlock died after saying that."well now shiny, instead of looking for the reason I'm here, I have to deal with this rubbish." - Deimos scolded, burning bodies along the way. He knew this was only the first wave. The ravens would pursue him until he found Lord Albert and solved the mystery of the artefacts. But now, more than ever, he was determined to do it. He would not let the Ravens get what they wanted. With that thought, he continued his journey, leaving the ashes of the assassins behind him. He knew there were more challenges ahead of him, but he was ready. After all, he was Deimos and he feared nothing.As Deimos continued his journey, he couldn't get rid of the thought of his new existence. He was Deimos, he kept wondering why at the time of the assassin attack he had not taken any significant damage. This was more than just a lucky accident of a wizard. He was a being that had crossed the boundaries of life and death.He could feel how his body had changed, but since appearing in a new world and a new and different body, he hadn't given the changes any importance citing the fact that this was a female wizard's body and strange unaccustomed sensations were natural. After all, absolutely any person would feel like in a wrong place if he abruptly changed the location, and here and a change of gender, it's a combo in general. And then he realised that his skin was as cold as ice, and his heart was beating slowly and quietly, almost inaudible, almost imperceptible. His eyes saw in the darkness and his ears heard every rustle. He was stronger, faster, smarter. But along with that came the realisation that he was no longer human.That realisation was hard. Deimos felt that his humanity could slip away from him. He was invulnerable to all cold weapons, but what was the price of that invulnerable and young body he did not know. He had lost his ability to love back in his past life and to feel joy or sadness he had long been unable to. He was alone in his old world and he remained the same in the new one, cut off from the world of the living. It was before Deimos had devoted his life to work and self-improvement, and he didn't know how to live an ordinary, simple human life. But with it came a new understanding. Deimos realised that he was now free from the fear of death. He could live forever, explore the world anew, learn to live and enjoy life, he decided to give a second life to that poor girl Isolde in whose body he now lived. He could become stronger, wiser. He could change his world.And so, with a new understanding of his existence, Deimos continued his journey towards the capital. He knew that new trials, new battles awaited him. But he was ready. After all, he was Deimos, an adventurer, and he was not afraid of anything. He was much stronger, and he was free. Deimos was determined to use his new life to make the world a better place. For now he wasn't just Deimos, he was now Isolde. And when Deimos learned Albert's opinion he would decide under what name he would continue to seek the answer to his questions, he knew something had to happen, just what exactly he didn't know.

After Deimos had dealt with the assassins, he continued his journey towards the capital of Etheria, Vilrock. He knew that more trials and battles awaited him, but he was ready. After all, he was Deimos, an adventurer, and he was not afraid of anything. He was much stronger, and he was free. Deimos was determined to use his new life to make the world a better place. After all, he was no longer just Deimos, he was now Isolde.

However, along with his new abilities came a new realisation. Deimos realised that he was no longer human. He was a being that had transcended the boundaries of life and death. He was stronger, faster, smarter. But along with that came the realisation that he was no longer human.

That realisation was hard. Deimos felt that his humanity could slip away from him. He was invulnerable to all cold weapons, but what was the price of that invulnerable and young body he did not know. He had lost his ability to love back in his past life and to feel joy or sadness he had long been unable to. He was alone in his old world, and he remained the same in the new one, cut off from the world of the living.

But along with that came a new understanding. Deimos realised that he was now free from the fear of death. He could live forever, explore the world anew, learn to live and enjoy life, he decided to give a second life to that poor girl Isolde in whose body he now lived. He could become stronger, wiser. He could change his world.

And so, with a new understanding of his existence, Deimos continued his journey towards the capital. He knew that new trials, new battles awaited him. But he was ready. After all, he was Deimos, an adventurer, and he was not afraid of anything. He was much stronger, and he was free. Deimos was determined to use his new life to make the world a better place. For now he wasn't just Deimos, he was now Isolde. And when Deimos would get Albert's opinion, he would decide under what name he would continue to seek the answer to his questions, he knew something had to happen, just what exactly he didn't know.

As Deimos continued his journey, he began to contemplate his new existence. He was Deimos, but now he was also Isolde. He was a strong and skilled warrior, but now he was also a sorceress. He was lonely, but now he was part of a larger world. He was free, but now he was bound by Isolde's fate.

Deimos realised that he must find a balance between his old self and his new self. He must embrace his new life and use it to become a better man. He must learn to be Deimos and Isolde at the same time.

And so, with a new understanding and new goals, Deimos continued his journey. He knew that new challenges and new adventures awaited him. But he was ready. After all, he was Deimos, and he was not afraid of anything. He was ready to be a better man. He was ready to become Isolde. He was ready to become the man he was meant to be. He was ready to be the hero of his story.