6 | truth

"Are you guys sure I can stay here?"

The house had officially been divided so Rosalie and Jasper refused to stay at the house. After the meeting with the Pack, Taeyeon had told them what would be happening and the roles that everyone had to play. Carlisle was doing and ultrasound that afternoon so that they all finally had a definite answer and knew how to proceed but Bella had been rather reluctant and Edward had kept his distance as he didn't know what to think. Alice had been fuming when Jasper packed his stuff and moved his stuff to Taeyeon and Emmett's house temporarily, until he could figure out his home situation. Rosalie had been thinking about doing the same thing but just came over most days instead as she wasn't ready to leave the house just yet.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, "Jasper, you're family. You can stay here as long as you want." She had always been closest to Jasper and was glad that he was out of a toxic situation. He deserved to be happy and being with Alice was not good for him. Hopefully he found his mate soon.

Jasper sighed, "Thank you. You have no idea how much it means to me that you guys took me in. Thank you so much." He was grateful for all that the couple had done for him, helping him with his divorce and giving him a place to stay while he sorted out his life.

Emmett shook his head, "Nonsense, you're family and family takes care of each other. Plus, I think you'd do the same for us. If you need anything, just let us know." Jasper had always been his favourite brother and the two had always been close, no matter what happens he would have his back.

Before Jasper could reply, Rosalie walked into the house with an angry look on her face. "They want us back at the house. Apparently Carlisle is ready to do the ultrasound." The couple looked at each other before Emmett helped her up from the sofa. The four then made their way to the main house to hear the news and hopefully it would not be a Dhampir. However, if it wasn't, the drama that would follow was going to be amazing.

"Can we get started now?" Jasper spoke as they all gathered in Carlisle's office. He wanted to get this over and done with as soon as possible. He didn't want to stay in the house any longer than he needed to nor did he want to be around the Cullen's, not after he had finally claimed Whitlock again.

Carlisle looked at Taeyeon, "How would we know if the baby is normal or a hybrid?"

"For a hybrid baby you wouldn't be able to see it on an ultrasound. For protection, a hard exterior is created in the womb that doesn't allow for anyone to see it. However if it's a normal baby, you should be able to see it on an ultrasound." Taeyeon explained. She was praying that it was a normal baby and not a hybrid, she just wasn't ready to deal with the consequences of what she would have do to.

Carlisle nodded, "Okay." He didn't really know what to say so he just got everything ready. He applied a small amount of gel on Bella's stomach before he grabbed the probe. He turned to look at the machine as he began to move the probe around her stomach. Everyone held their breath as they waited for anything to happen, then something happened.

A soft heartbeat.

Then a small blob on the screen.

Bella was pregnant with a normal baby, not a hybrid. Bella had slept with someone else that wasnt her husband. She had gotten pregnant by someone that was not her husband. She was having a baby that did not belong to her husband, a husband that she had vowed to always love. Taeyeon could already feel the drama unfolding.

"You slept with someone else?!"

Bella looked at her husband in shock, "No. This is your baby." She was trying to hold it together. She couldn't let Edward know she had been sleeping with someone else for majority of their relationship. All she had wanted from him was to be turned into a vampire but that had all come crumbling down when she found out she was pregnant. Pregnant with a child she would never want.

Edward snarled as he looked at her with a glare, "You can see the baby on the ultrasound. How can it be my baby? Taeyeon said you wouldn't be able to see it if it was a hybrid. You cheated!" The person that he thought Bella was, was clearly a facade she had put on for him. He didn't know who this woman was.

"You trust her? She is lying. This is your baby!" Bella screamed.

Alice looked at whom she thought was her friend, "How could you, Bella? You married Edward, how could you do this to him? He's your husband." Alice had thought Bella was a better person, a good human being. Clearly she had completely misjudged her character and what she was capable of.

Bella stood up and looked at her husband, "This is your baby. You can't believe anything she is saying. I love you. This is your baby." She couldn't let him go. He was her chance at immortality. She could not let him slip through her fingers, not after all the work she had done to get him.

Taeyeon scoffed as she looked the woman up and down in disgust, "You can hate me all you want but the truth is finally out. You slept with someone that wasn't your husband and you got pregnant. You can scream and shout about it all you want, the proof is right there on the screen. One the other hand, there is something that you can do to prove your innocence."

"And what the hell would that be?"

"A DNA test."