do you love death?

I am an ordinary high school student. Today I was returning from my cousin's home. It was pretty dark outside . On my way home, I've always encountered a certain house. Although it looks normal and in fact it was a very gorgeous looking house, I cannot but feel an eerie feeling when I walk past it. As always I ignored it and walked past it and went my way home.

It was a nice day. Me and my cousin are like best friends. We always have a lot of fun together. After coming back home, I saw my parents looking a bit pale. I became worried. "Mom, Dad, what's wrong? Did something happen?" I went up to them with a worried face. "Dear, it might be a bit shocking but your sibling had an accident." My mother looked at me with worry. "What!? What happened!? How are they?" I became terrified. My sibling had an accident?

"Well, your sibling is in coma right now. We admitted your sibling to the hospital as we got the news." My father reassured me but he had a pale face. "I see...I need some time alone. I will be in my room. " I walked away with my hair covering my face a bit. A week has passed. I managed to regain my reasoning by now. I am back to living how I used to. Going to school, playing around with friends, studying for exam. I have returned to my previous lifestyle. Although, my parents are now strangely quite and often go to the hospital. I have been busy with school work, so i cannot join them.

Today, I was returning from my cousin's place again. It was a Friday night. I was going home late again. Today, something strange happened. I once again walked past the gorgeous house. More accurately, where it's supposed to be. Despite all my efforts, I couldn't find the house. It's as if the house never existed. In it's stead stood a regular super shop. "Was it always here?" I thought out loud, looking at the shop. No, that possibly case. After all, I walk by here everyday. On top of that, there was no sign of construction work going on. Out of curiosity, I stepped into the shop.

Looking around, I saw most of the commodities were the ones which you will normally find in a super shop. As i didn't really need to buy anything, i was about to get out. As I was about to move from my spot, an employee with a uniform on walked towards me. "Dear customer, would you like to buy anything? There is an offer going on as the shop is newly opened." The woman asked me with a polite smile. "No, I am fine. I will surely buy something next time." i politely declined shaking my head. Then something  clicked into my mind. 'This shop was opened recently, huh?' I was about to ask the woman about it when I suddenly saw the clock near the counter. It was already 7 : 44 pm! I need to hurry or else my parents will be worried. I rushed out of the shop after that.

By the time I reached home it was already 9 pm. I went and had dinner with my parents and was about to go to bed. After entering my room the surrounding became eerily quiet. Without giving much thought to it I went to bed. 

"Huh? Didn't I went to sleep? Where is this?" I thought out loud. I looked around and found myself in a park in the afternoon. Children were playing, elderly were sitting, the ice-cream van was selling ice-cream as usual. I was sitting under a tree. I saw a figure approaching me. It was a blurry scene. I could understand it was a dream and I might forget it when I wake up. The figure came and sat beside me. It started a conversation but I couldn't quite understand anything. "Hey! You listening? *sighs* I have been trying to catch your attention but you wouldn't listen to me. Say, I have been wondering why won't you come to _______ anymore. I ______." The figure started to talk but I suddenly could only hear distorted noises. "My dear_____, did I do something wrong? Hmm.... I know! We should play a game!" the figure jumped up. "A game?" I finally spoke. "Yes, I will answer three questions and you will answer one." The figure looked very cheerful from it's posture. "Why would I only answer one?" "Hmm? Because I must cheer you up! But it will be unfair if only I answer so, you will answer one, too!" 

Well that made sense. I don't even know why am I bothering to go along with these but I guess a dream can't hurt you. We  started to play the game. I went first. I have no idea why this figure is trying so hard to cheer me up. Well, let's not think so deeply. I started to question, "So, what is your name?" "What!? That hurts. You even forgot ___________ name? Well my name______" 'Huh!? I couldn't hear anything. I guess in this dream where nothing is real, my brain isn't going as far to name anyone. I CAN'T EVEN SEE THEM!!!' "What is your favourite colour?" "That's unusual for you for you to ask. It's magenta!" The figure replied. I guess thinking up a random colour isn't that hard? "Then where do you live?" "Huh? I live at that house behind the park. You come here_______. I ______." The figure pointed behind me but everything sounded distorted. I looked behind to see the house. That's not a house! THAT'S A MANSION! I looked at it dumbfounded.

"Okay! Now it's my turn to ask! You must answer me!" The figure jumped up and down. Then it came in front of me and crouched to match my eye level. "Are you ready for your question?" It asked. Suddenly, all the background noises were gone. I had a dreadful feeling. I felt nervous for some reason. I gulped a mouthful of saliva and nodded. What could possibly go wrong with a question-answer game? 

"Then tell me, do you love death?" The figure had a sad smile. Slowly, I lost consciousness.

"Yes. It is my_______"

{Chapter -1 : Do you love death?}