Chapter II

Soojin stared at her again. "Do you understand now?" She asked again.

"It feels like my words are not enough to tell you how much I'm into you," she continued.

"Then my actions were being misunderstood. How do I tell you, then? Answer me, Soojin," she added.

Shuhua smiled again, comforting the woman. "You're right about what you said earlier; I dragged you into this...

I've realized that already months ago, before the accident, that's why I'm trying my best to protect you and everyone around you.

It's because I wanted to make you feel that everything would be alright.

With all I can, with all I have."

She then stepped closer and raised her right hand, touching Soojin's cheek.

She caresses her soft skin with her thumb.

"Just one more battle, and I'll win. Then...

I'll leave you alone," she said.

Then she pulled her hand back and stepped back.

She stared at the woman for a minute; no one spoke between them.

Soojin didn't respond as well; she just earned a stare from the woman.

After some time, she sat on the chair again and started working, even though she could feel how her heart was slowly being crushed.

She felt tightening in her chest, and what she said hurt her.

She can still feel Soojin's stares darting at her, but she couldn't look back this time out of pain.

They remained like that. She pretended to work while feeling Soojin's every move and the woman standing there watching her.

After a couple of minutes, Soojin left and went to the kitchen.

She couldn't see her due to the wall separating the dining hall from the kitchen, but she could hear her.

It sounds like she was cooking due to the noises from kitchen utensils.

Shuhua continued working, and at other times she would look at the entrance, hearing a few loud sounds from inside.

She wanted to stand up and follow Soojin to know what she was doing, but her knees still felt weak after she confessed earlier.

It was a confession; she knew that the day would come when she would have to explain everything to Soojin.

Her gestures wouldn't reach the message to the woman; she was actually preparing for this moment, but it felt so different from what she imagined.

It was my first time. How am I supposed to act? She could only think.

She was currently looking at the entrance of the kitchen when Soojin showed up holding a tray.

Their eyes met, and Shuhua returned her gaze to the papers, realizing how she had finished working already.

When the woman stood next to her, she carefully placed the tray in front of her. The aroma of food filled her nose.

SOOJIN SAW how Shuhua closed her eyes while smelling the food.

She's not really that good at cooking, but she tried.

"Thank you," the woman said, and smiled brightly at her.

"I don't know how to repay you for everything you've done for me...