Chapter 22: A Journey Worth Telling - Part 1

- Not edited -

Silvia looked down at the boy. He sat huddled in the corner of the room, his head down. She pitied him, he almost never spoke and if he did, well she never heard him speak. She edged closer hoping to make a little conversation, she hated being near others and not talking.

"Hey." She said quietly.

The boys ears perked up as he slowly moved his head from between his knees. He looked at her with puzzlement.

"You okay?" Silvia was almost surprised by his look, what could be wrong? Over the course of a month, so much had happened and so much she had forgotten. Somehow she felt sick at the thought of killing humans, on the other hand, she knew she was always an assassin belonging only to the highest paid amount, neither Galkarian nor any other, once you joins you were always.

She sighed sitting down rubbing her forehead with her fingers. "Why can't I remember anything? I feel so lost, alone... Afraid."

"Forgive me," Said the boy looking into her startled eyes, "I didn't want to do it."

"What!?" She responded without thinking. Moving forward closer to his face, he cowered back, his face suddenly changing to fear.

Silvia backed away instantly noticing her mistake. Tears began to slide down his face dripping from his bare forearms, small taps could be heard as his tears fell to the ground puddling. She was taken aback, her nerves racing as she tried to figure out what to do next.

"I..Whats wrong?" She felt stupid for saying it, "damn it, what'd I do?" She moved over to the panel and opened the drawer beneath it. A little panel popped up which she placed her finer on scanning her identity. The drawer beeped revealing its contents. She reached for the nearest vial and un screwed the air tight lid. It made a soft hissing sound as a blue steam rushed out.

"Here, drink up, it'll make you feel better." She said handing him the vial which he hesitantly took it then downed the liquid coughing lightly as he finished. His eyes then seemed to glaze over with a red haze, he blinked returning his eyes to normal.

"Thanks."

Silvia took the vial placing it back in the drawer closing it, she ran her fingers through her hair and away from her eyes before speaking again, "what did you mean by... what did you do?" The boys eyes suddenly widened as fear took over him once more, the liquid acted right after sending the red haze over him once more calming his fear.

"It wasn't ever supposed to happen." He finally said standing up, walking to the window he sat down with his head bowed. "The day I saw you brought in, I knew I would be forced to erase you as I had been the others."

Silvia raised an eyebrow, "erase? How do you mean."

"I have the ability to inflict so much pain into another without hurting them, when that happens the brain cells cannot bear to remember that so they erase themselves by memories. Once the erasing begins I can pick which ones to erase, all your memories of your passed life are gone, memories of an alternate world are left behind, glimpses of your life mixed with ours. I leave only enough for you to remember yourself."

Silvia's eyes were wide, the dreams of a girl she felt she knew well, she could in fact truly know her. "So you're saying I'm not Galkarian?"

"You never were, nor are assassins, they are their own breed and clan. You however are human."

"What?! You cannot be telling truth! I was trained to kill them! They are a disease that needs to be stopped! Their kind will ultimately destroy everything!"

"And that's where you are wrong, the memories I replaced were those the Dohikari gave us, a series of scenes from your passes and our gate of the humans, their hate to correct myself."

"Your journey here was something I would have never guessed to happen. You were thought to be dead by your friends, they escaped as the city collapsed, the assassins found you and brought you back. You are are valuable weapon against them, one they cannot dare to pass by."

Silvia's mind battled against itself, her training she now thought she learnt was telling her to strike him down, another side she did not remember told her to continue to listen. Her hands clutched her blade tightly, her knuckles turning white, she instinctively began to loosen her blade from its scabbard. "Tell me," Silvia said, her tone frightened yet hateful, "do you not fear for speaking for against us? I'm beginning to think you aren't one of us, who are you?"

"You and I, we are both the same, not part of the assassins, we are human."

"Lies!" She yelled unsheathing her katana angling it at his throat, she ignited it sending a wave of fire rushing down from the hilt to the tip, it danced down the blade turning it from the color of darkness to a dark orange. "Give me your name so that I may tell my master! I will give you the pleasure of killing you before he finds out, or would you rather wait."

He seemed a different person by now, his face was calm and relaxed as if all was under his control, there was no fear. "Silvia, my name, I told you, what is it?"

She thought for a moment on what he had said then dropped the blade, her fingers suddenly feeling weak, he entire body became paralyzed in shock. "What's happening to me!?"

"When I was told to erase your mind I made another path I could activate if the time ever showed itself, upon me causing you to remember my name the path triggered.

"Tamashii?"

He smiled relived that his plan had worked, it was not his true name but the one he had told her, her mind was changing back to what it once was.

"Now, all we need to do is get out of here."

"Follow me."

~~~

Hello! Yes I'm back and I am really sorry that it's been so long! I hope you truly enjoyed this one and I hope it gets you back into the story! If not I'm sure the next chapter will ;)

What did you all think of it?
What do you think will happen?
Who could Tamashii truly be?

Comment below!
Vote!

Until next time ;)