Chapter -TWO-

Y/n's POV

"Where are these bloody books?"

We were standing in the dark, on a field in the middle of nowhere, not even a mile away from Sebastian's childhood home in Feldcroft. He was digging in his pocket, groaning and grunting, searching for something in vain, and I wasn't entirely sure why.

"Sebastian..." I sighed, my voice carrying a note of concern.

"Why the hell is this bag so big? I'm pretty sure I packed the books", his voice seemed desperate. "I walked through the room packed my blue jacket, a few writing utensils and the book? hmm..."

He looked up, his gaze fixed into the distance as he continued to ponder.

"Or maybe they are still on the table in the house..."

I noticed that he wasn't speaking to me anymore.

"Sebastian."

"What is it?" he snapped, as he looked at me.

"I-" I mumbled.

I looked at him, my expression filled with concern. He seemed disheveled, utterly confused, completely lost. I had agreed to help him.

But with what exactly?

I took a deep breath. "What's the plan now?"

"I... I don't know" he sighed, his gaze lost in the surroundings, while his hands fidgeted as if he had ants in his pants. "I need to make sure we have everything first"

"What are you looking for?" I was confused.

"I thought I took the children's books from my shelf next to my bed..."

"But apparently not..."

He started rummaging in his pocket again. One might think that if he had not found it ten minutes ago, he would not find it now, but this was no ordinary pocket.

It was an enchanted pocket. A magical one that allowed him to carry more than half the contents of his house with him.

He had always been sentimentally attached to his possessions, much like me.

I hated throwing things away. I always kept letters, whether they were just a greeting or a love message. I usually associated my clothes with various events, making it difficult to part with them, and moving would be something I couldn't imagine.

But Sebastian seemed determined to break free from these emotional anchors, to depart.

And I could not fault him. There was nothing left for him here. No ties binding him.

Finding his sister consumed him, his sole mission. How could he move forward when she remained lost?

So when he proposed that I accompany him in his search, I found myself agreeing. Perhaps it was foolish of me. He had used me before, made it clear, then vanished for months before reappearing again.

Yet, here I was, falling for his ploy once more. It was a betrayal of my better judgment, but admitting it meant acknowledging my own yearning for someone to share my burdens. Perhaps, someday, that someone could be Sebastian.

I observed as he commenced extracting mountains of clothes from the bag, tossing them unsystematically around him.

He squatted down to his knees, delving deeper into the bag with both hands. With a frustrated exhale, I crouched beside him, hands resting on my lap.

"Why do you need these books Sebastian?" my voice was gentle as I tried to make eye contact.

He shut his eyes briefly, inhaling deeply, then looked directly into my eyes.