Chapter -FIVE-

y/n's pov

"Sebastian?" I asked softly as I approached him cautiously.

He turned slowly, his face illuminated by the flames, but devoid of any emotion. His clothes and hands were stained with blood, a sight that froze my heart.

He just stared at me. No words.

My gaze drifted to his hands, hanging lifelessly, and I noticed a bloody wound gaping on the back of his hand.

"You are injured," I whispered, concerned.

"Since when do you care, y/n?" he hissed, his words striking me with more force than his unfriendly attitude.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, shocked. "I am worried about-"

"Me?" His laughter sounded bitter, accompanied by a disdainful glance.

My expression turned serious. "Yes, Sebastian, about you."

Suddenly, behind me, I heard gasping breaths.

Ominis.

"Y/n," he gasped. "Why are you-"

He struggled to catch his breath and bent forward, hands on his thighs, trying to regain composure.

Endurance did not seem to be one of his strengths. Or qualities at all.

The situation was absurd, just like the reason why we were here. Sebastian had always been someone who put others in difficult situations, who made them do things that seemed wrong, but he had a way of twisting them so that you thought you had no choice.

But there was always a choice.

"You should listen to us, Sebastian-"

"No, you listen to me now," he interrupted sharply. "No one asked you to come here."

Ominis straightened up again, took a deep breath, and stood beside me.

"Sebastian..." Ominis's voice was soothing, almost like a warm sunset by the sea. It was practically impossible to contradict him.

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "You don't need to play the saint now, Ominis."

Well - almost impossible.

"Don't you realize we just want to help you?" I asked, desperate.

"Help?" He laughed again. "One wanted to send me to Azkaban, and the other claimed just a few hours ago that I was the worst person in the world-"

"I never said that!" I exclaimed now with a louder voice.

"Different words, same meaning," he replied calmly.

Ominis swallowed briefly. "I never wanted to send you to Azkaban, Sebastian..."

Sebastian smirked. "Oh no?"

Back to: y/n talks with Ominis, after Sebastian killed solomon

"She was beside herself with grief. Part of her wants Sebastian to face the consequences - another part can not bear the thought of it," his voice filled with pain.

I was still pretty battered from the fight with Solomon and quite disoriented from the events that had taken place there.

"Ominis, you understand what will happen if we betray him to Black, don't you?" I asked slowly and distinctly.