Seven

"Woah, so I was right?" Matthew asks him. "It did seem that way..." He nods. "But why aren't your eyes red right now?"

"That only happens when I crave blood or use my powers." Jiwoong tells him. "But don't tell anyone."

"Wait... is your whole family full of vampires? Jiho too?"

"Obviously." Jiwoong nods. "You can't tell anyone though. I'd be in big trouble."

"What's in it for me?" Matthew raises an eyebrow.

"Seriously?"

"Wow, I'm just kidding." He laughs. "I never thought I'd get to meet a vampire in my lifetime. So what? Are you like 1,000 years old?"

Jiwoong just rolls his eyes and sits down at his desk. "I've already said too much. I don't think this is really any of your business."

"Oh, alright." Matthew nods. "I guess I'll just have to ask my future husband."

"No, wait." Jiwoong stands up. "I told you you can't tell anyone, not even Jiho."

"Wow, I get it's fake, but he was just going to have me marry him without knowing he's a vampire?"

Jiwoong just stays quiet and Matthew sits across from him on a chair.

"Anyway, thank you for saving me the other day. I was a little too drunk."

"Don't overthink too much. I would've done that for anyone."

"Who was overthinking?" Matthew mumbles. "And I guess vampires can be lighthearted too."

"Yeah, what did you think? That we just sucked people's blood until they died?"

"Well... yeah." Matthew nods and Jiwoong just stays quiet. "Okay, I'm sorry. I guess I was wrong? Anyway... since you said I can't tell Jiho I know about this, could you at least tell me what other abilities you guys have?"

"Just treat him like a human. Those abilities won't affect you."

"Well, fine." Matthew frowns. "But... did you never want to become the CEO of the company?"

"Huh?"

"I heard that the first Kim brother to get married would be the one who became CEO. Did you not want to?"

"It's not that I didn't want to become the CEO, I just didn't want to get married. I honestly don't see myself as husband material and I just don't want to get married. I wasn't just going to do that to become CEO."

"Okay, can I just ask you one more question?" Matthew asks him and Jiwoong just nods. "Since your brother is the one who's going to become the CEO, do your parents happen to show favoritism towards him?"

Jiwoong just looks at him, not saying anything.

"I heard that usually the future CEO in the family's generations is always the favorite child." Matthew tells him. "So I thought that that would happen in my case. I don't care about becoming the favorite child, but I would at least like it if my parents cared even a little about me. I'm adopted though, so maybe that's why. Maybe that didn't apply to me."

Jiwoong can't help but feel bad.

"Sorry, I talked a little too much." Matthew quickly wipes a tear away.

"It's fine." Jiwoong tells him.

"I'll get going then." Matthew stands up and is about to walk out of the room.

"To answer your question..." Jiwoong starts. "I don't think being adopted has anything to do with it. My parents are my biological parents, but even so, they prefer Jiho. I don't think that would change even if I was the one who became the CEO."

Matthew turns around and sees Jiwoong's now standing in front of him.

"He's more like them, so maybe that's why?"

"More like them?" Matthew asks, curiously and there's a knock on the door.

"Mr. Kim, you have a meeting to go to."

Matthew sees the guy he saw the other day. His name is Zhang Hao, if he's not mistaken.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." Jiwoong tells him, then looks at Matthew. "I have to get going."

"Okay, see you around then." Matthew tells him. "At the wedding... you are going, right?"

"I don't think I have a choice... Since it's my brothers wedding." Jiwoong tells him before walking out of the room.