Chapter 8

Continued flashback....

Olivia's P.O.V

"So you're more of a countryside girl than a city girl then?" Spencer asks and I cringe at his statement.

"Not really. Napa is only an hour away from La and my dad took over my grandfathers vineyard when I was about ten and did I love it  because we had so much land around us and my horses.."

"We?" He asks as we wait for our appetizers to come.

I nod. "I have a twin brother..." he raises his eyebrow.

"So there's more beautiful head strong people like you?" He jokes and I smile a little.

"He's more of the adventurous twin..he travels a lot switching from job to job so I barely I see him" I scratch my neck because I told talk about Jordan to anyone but bre.

"You miss him." Spencer says as a statement and not a question which surprises me.

"Yeah..a lot"

"..so let's talk about how I've never been rejected by a girl until now" he jokes and it refreshing that he doesn't stay on a subject to long. Especially when the subject is heavy for me.

"I didn't reject you...I just.." the appetizers finally come out making me pause.

"Saying no to a date is textbook definition of rejection...well for me at least" I laugh diving into the baker artichoke with calamari on the side.

"It's not you...I just have this five year plan that I'm trying to stick to and guys would just be a distraction...I know it's kind of immature but"

He shakes his head. "It's not. If that's part of your plan you should stick to it.." he expresses and I look at him surprised.

"Really?"

"Mhm. Anything to make whatever dream you have happen you gotta stick to it.."

"I'm guessing that's how you're so successful so young.." I ask curiously.

"So you did your research I see?" He smiles and I shrug eating. "But uh yeah it took a lot of hard work for me to get here a lot of sacrifice...football had to become my life...literally"

"So that eat breath and sleep football caption is definitely a statement you live by then?" I smirk as he nods.

"Sometimes I even feel like I missed out...especially high school" now I'm the one who raises my eyebrows he notices and continues. "My dad got me into pewee as a young kid and worked my ass ever since.."

"So I'm guessing when he found out you were having a baby he wasn't so happy?" I ask not knowing anything about his past but i figured since his son is about five or six he had him at a young age.

"Oh! He almost killed me and didn't talk to me for a week after he thought I was throwing everything away.."

"Oh wow...good thing you proved him wrong then" I say finishing my appetizer.

"To be honest I didn't really care about proving him wrong. I knew when growing up I was gonna be a dad I just didn't know when or with who but when it happened I was so happy too happy even.."

"What do you mean by too happy?"

"I mean I was sixteen and the mother of my child and I weren't even together.."

"So you were just happy your were having a baby...having your own legacy.." he looks at me with his face lighting up.

"Yeah. Yes! Exactly. No one seems to get that! Especially my mom she's all you had a baby or of wedlock trying to force me to marry when I'm not ready.."