You're Also My Kiddo (Rohit and Rahul)

NET SESSIONS BEFORE THE SOUTH AFRICS TEST SERIES ( DECEMBER 2023)

RAHUL POV

Today, everyone should wish me a bad morning. My day is going on like hell. First, I made myself bland tea. Then, I tripped and touched the hot kettle with my forearm. I wore the full sleeves jersey  while practicing so that no one spots the burn and I could practice.

On second thoughts, I think I should have worn the half sleeves jersey. Ro bhaiya is only spending time with Shubhi and Yash. I am also his kiddo. I also deserve his attention. Yes, i know I don't call him bhaiya, but that doesn't mean that I don't consider him as my elder brother. I have always considered him and Vi bhaiya as my elder brothers.

While thinking all this, Jassi was bowling to me in the nets. I wasn't concentrating and busy in my own thoughts. Jassi bowled a very sharp delivery, and it hit me on my stomach.

Wincing in pain, I fell down. Jassi rushed to me, but all I could hear was that he called Vi and Ro bhaiya. I fainted.

.

.

.

.

.

LATE AFTERNOON

I woke up wincing. My abdomen area was in a lot of pain. I saw Ro and Vi bhaiya present in the room. They helped me sit up. I noticed that my jersey was now chaged into a t shirt.

They both were glaring me dead.

" Rah, you skipped breakfast today ?" Vi bhaiya asked .

" Yes" I replied feebly.

My morning was such a disaster, so I lost my apetite

" How could you?" Ro bhaiya yelled.

"You skipped breakfast. Hid your burn from us. I am not letting you off the hook with this." Rohit bhaiya said sternly

" Answer me, Mr.KL Rahul, that's the reason you wore a full sleeves jersey to practice today. You weren't even paying attention when jassi was bowling. " Rohit bhaiya yelled

That was it for me.

" You don't even care for me Rohit. You don't even like me. I am just a normal player for you. You only care for me when i am hurt. You don't even know that I exist. Leave from my room."  I said in a cold voice.

" Rahul, what are you saying?" Vi bhaiya asked astonished

Rohit just left the room without a word. Hurt was clearly visible on his face. Vi bhaiya was fuming in rage. Did I do something wrong ? Then, the gravity of the situation dawned on my face.

" This is so not done Rahul." Vi bhaiya said sternly in a cold tone.

" Bhaiya I am your Rahuliya na. Why are you calling me Rahul?" I teared when he called me Rahul.

Yes I admit I like the nickname Rahuliya but only when Vi bhaiya calls me that.

" You are angry on me na bhaiya. I disappointed you. I am a disappointment. I spoke rudely to Ro bhaiya." I sobbed .

Vi bhaiya is a total softie. But he never goes light on his kiddos when someone skips meals, neglects their health, and hides their injuries, and I did all of this. I know he i not happy about it. But I also shouted on Ro bhaiya, which is the thing that made Vi bhaiya angry, and  I deserve every bit of his anger and punishments. I behaved like such a brat today.

"Rahuliya, stop overthinking. Yes, I am angry, but not because you shouted on Ro. You are our little brother, and you have every right to express your feelings." He said softly and ruffled my hair.