Chapter 25

"We need to talk," I tell my husband after we come back from dinner. Surprisingly, the work-obsessed prince had been able to get off of doing tasks and come up to grab me for dinner. To say that I was shocked to find him as soon as I walked out of our room was an understatement. I had been shocked to hear that he had come for me as well, not because he needed something from our room.

We had gone through dinner, making idle conversation with his family. It was fun, but all throughout dinner, I had been thinking about what I needed to say to Emmet afterwards.

Emmet closes the door behind him and then walks forward, taking his suit jacket off as he does so. I wonder why he dresses so properly when he isn't even going outside or working with anyone else. He drops the jacket onto the couch and then turns his attention toward me. "What about, princess?"

"Please drop the nickname," I ask him with an exaggerated sigh, and it only deepens into a groan when I watch as he only smirks in response. He takes a seat on the couch and goes to take off his shoes. I place my hands on my hips as I look at him. Then I say, "You need to have sex with me."

I watched as his hands freeze on the shoelace he was undoing. Then his face slowly moves up, and he looks at me in confusion as he studies my face. I was standing in front of him, laying the groundwork for what I wanted. He then says, "You want me to just have sex with you?"

"Yes, tonight," I let him know, as I only moved closer to him. His hands work at his shoe as he says, "And you're selfishly asking me to do it?"

"As my husband, I think you're the only one who can really fulfill that part, don't you think?"

Emmet moves off the couch and walks away from me. I follow him to hear his response, which needed to be that he had to say yes. I watch as he walks into the bathroom and waves his hand. As he washes them, he looks over at me and says, "What's the sudden need for me to have sex with you?"

"Because we need to?" I asked him with a lot more attitude than he needed after a long day of sorting through boring files. He only meets my eyes, and I say, "Emmet. We need to consummate our marriage."

"Oh," he whispers, moving his eyes down to where he was running water down his hands. He takes them out of the sink and wipes them on a towel. He looks at me and says, "Are you ready? And don't say yes if you are going to be shutting your eyes closed and being tightly guarded."

I don't respond to his question directly, as I say, "We need to do it. Guess who asked me if we had today?"

"Who?" Emmet says, moving toward me as his eyes widen. Then he asks, "My mother? Oh dear god, if it is her, I'm—"

"It wasn't her," I let him know before he could spiral with the thoughts of something that hadn't even hallucinated. He releases a breath but then takes that small one in as he leans toward me and says, "Wait then, who did?"

"Lucy," I tell him, and I move away from the bathroom. I walk into our bedroom and stop in the center as I elaborate. " She had asked me if I had fixed my own bed, and when I told her yes, she asked me if I had changed my sheets. Once I had said no, she had figured it all out."

Emmet stares at me for a long while before he says something I can't quite make out. It had to be a curse word, though. He then says, "I might need to fire your maid if she is meddling in things that don't involve her."

"Hey!" I shout as I jump to her defense. "You cannot fire her; she has been anything but kind to me."

"Maybe so," Emmet says. "But she has also been overstepping her boundaries."