🩸 Chapter Five: Parasomnia 🩸

⚠️ TW: gore, vomit and depictions, swearing, fighting, blades/knifes, ⚠️

{ A/N: omg yall this chapter took way too long to write for how short it is. i'm so sorry i couldn't get it out faster 😭 pls enjoy!! }

His lips collide with mine, gently but passionately. He holds my face in his hands, his fingertips grazing my hair. He pulls back and smiles, "You're so beautiful, you know that right?"

My cheeks go red and feel hot, I hope he doesn't notice. I plummet my head into the crook of his neck, "Shut up," I grumble. He laughs lightly. I feel his arms wrap around me. "Help me." He whispers into my hair. I pull my head out of his neck. I look up at him, "What?" His skin goes purplish-pale, just like Ms. Barlowe's did. "Come find me, Rowan." Skin begins peeling off his face in rolls like old paint. I choke on the air. "Help me," He says with a ghostlike tone. Skin falls off his face in little rolls and falls onto my comforter.  His skin continues peeling until it's just bone.

It's just his skull.

I jump off him and the bed. But instead of my feet hitting the floor, they plunge into darkness. I hit the ground with a thump, rolling my ankle when I hit. The sound echoes through the empty void. Pain shoots up my leg. Tears begin to stream down my face, "WHOEVER'S DOING THIS, JUST STOP! PLEASE!" I stand up, my legs quiver below me. "Please," I whisper, choking on my spit, "Please..." My cries fade into a whisper.

A cold breeze encapsulates me and flows toward my left.  I shudder as I look. The body from my dream yesterday. More like a nightmare. I stumble over to the body, my own swaying. I roll him over with my foot. His icy blue-gray eyes hit me like a bullet. My heart pulses at the sight.

I crouch down to the knife. It's standing straight up out of his heart. I grip the knife, my fingers curling over the handle, and wrench it out. Blood spews out of the wound. I take my hand and cram it inside his body, slowing the blood. I feel around for a minute until I find his heart. I feel a damp leather-like texture. I pry it out, severing several veins and arteries. Pops and cracks surround me as I rip out his heart. Crimson blood soaks my skin. His heart isn't beating. It's still. The red-pink heart lay in my hands, it takes up the majority of my palm. Blood drips to the ground. I lay it on the ground softly. I stand up, "I'm sorry, West."
With full force, I jump on his heart.

~~~

Sunset creeps in through the boarded-up windows. Pain surges through my head, wondering, will this ever be over? I feel my thigh throbbing. I moan as I sit up, my arms trembling below me.

⚠️ TW!! ⚠️

I can't tell if it's how nauseating my vision is making me or the nightmare I just had but I feel my stomach churning. I slip off the table with a thump and dart over to the nearest trash can. I throw up a green-yellow liquid with chunks of various colors. I think my lunch from yesterday is there. Clear saliva dribbles out of my mouth like water. I spit the remains of my lunch into the metal can. The odor creeps up out of  the can and I almost retch again.

⚠️ OKAY YOU'RE SAFE!! ⚠️

"Woah there, girl. You want some water?" Connor asks, his face twisting with disgust. "I'm fine," I make out, closing my mouth to prevent me from vomiting again. "No, you aren't," He walks over to the sink behind me and fills a Mason jar with water. He hands it to me, "Drink up." I glare at him as I take the glass with both hands. The semi-cold water trembles down my throat. It takes away the rotten taste in my mouth and soothes my teeth.

"Feelin' better?" Connor asks with a slight country accent. I nod as I finish the glass. "More?" I ask, handing the glass to him. "Use your words, ma'am." I frown, "More water, please?" He smiles and whisks away the glass.  "So, what made you so nauseous that you threw up?" His question catches me off guard. I hesitate telling him but the thought disappears rather quickly.