prologue

⊹ ࣪ ˖  જ⁀➴ ₊⊹

washington dc, 1962

dusk stood infront of the restraunt, fixing up her uniform as she entered. a man, presumably the owner, stood there and glanced at her with a stern expression.

‘you’re late again.’ he spoke, looking back from tables to her time and again.

‘i’ll arrive on time tomorrow, sir.’ she mumbled, fidgeting around with her hands. the young man sighed, pointing towards two people sitting down on the cold, red velvet table, the warm, wax candles flickering as they slowly melted, colliding against one another.

‘take their order, remember the policy. you’re lucky that i can trust and understand you.’ dusk gave a sigh of relief, nodding and left to go towards the table.

‘welcome to the restaurant 1789! what can i get for you?’ she took out a notepad and a pen.

‘just you, ma’am.’ dusk tilted her head, looking at the younger one.

‘pardon?’ she spoke, giving a confused glance to him. She looked around, everybody else her and the two men were frozen.

‘what the..’ she muttered under her breath,  staring at him in shock. ‘my name is charles xavier, and-’ without a single warning, she took hold of a knife and held it against his neck.

‘who the hell are you..?!’ she clenched her fists, feeling anxiety start to come up in her again.

‘i'm char-’

‘i don't need your names, who the hell are you..?!’ she shouted again, trying to cut his throat.

she felt the knife fall out her hand, and looked back to see it thrown into the brick wall of the building. ‘perhaps we should try to cooperate instead of trying to murder one another,’ charles mumbled, ‘and maybe.. don’t try to kill us?’ he shrugged. dusk stared at both of them.

‘we’ve shown you our mutations, i suggest that you show us yours.’ he added, looking back at erik. dusk gulped, slightly trembling as she took off her jacket and unbuttoned the shirt she wore, revealing a pair of wings underneath.

‘i can fly? and can control earth, well.. not really.. i don't know how to control it-’ charles interrupted her, looking back at erik, and then spoke up, a gleam of pleasure in his eyes.

‘how would you like a job where you don’t get some.. rather unpleasant remarks from old people?’ she unknowingly smiled, nodding at what he said.