Narrow escape☆

Summary:

You should never stay around so many cookies

Notes:

If you squint you can see my head canons

__________________________________________

Also since I don't know how to write details of my oc's and don't want to show it down your throat.... I am gonna do it here..Burnt Toffee dough wasn't baked equal all the way(vitiligo).

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Caramel Arrow woke herself up early in the morning, feeling refreshed and awake. She rubbed her eyes, yawning, stretching her arms and legs slightly before getting up. Her feet hit the cold ground with a soft thud. It was still pretty dark outside but the sky started to show signs of being lightened and the sun was rising. Looking around, she noticed a sleeping Affogato on the couch.

You could see the light drool hanging from his mouth while hugging a pillow. If she didn't know who he was she would have thought he was an innocent coffee villager. His brown and creamy hair was slightly messy and his makeup was running off. She swore she could see some sort of freckles or maybe scars on his face. Caramel thought about going closer but refrained. He would be cute if he weren't ruined by his attitude and his arrogance.

She was slightly surprised he didn't sneak into the bed while she slept. But she guessed he would rather keep his pride. Caramel rolled her eyes. Why did she even bother with him? He was the worst. But even though he was annoying, that doesn't mean she wouldn't try to work with him.

This, 'thing' that's plaguing the Dark Cacao kingdom is hurting all the resistance. She wonders if it had spread out to the other kingdoms. Hopefully, it doesn't and it dies in the snow. This curse is bigger than their past. They have to find the source and kill it.

She walked over to her clothes. Caramel heard Affogato slowly woke up, rubbing his eyes groggily. Caramel dressed before grabbing her bow. For a few seconds, she looked around for her bag before remembering. The Licorice Sea forced her to retreat without her bags. Damn it, this sucks! She huffed, putting her bow on her back. But she would rather lose those supplies over her bow and risk being without it during an attack.

"Morning. Didn't expect you to wake up so quickly." She spoke looking straight into Affogato's slit eyes.

He only scoffed, before picking up his staff. "Do you really think I'm going to waste my valuable time by sleeping?" He grunted, putting his headpiece back on with slight pain. His shoulder still ached. The mage touched his cheek before pulling back to see his hand. Damn it, his makeup must have worn off.

Affogato went through his pockets and pulled out some makeup. "Are you seriously putting on makeup right now?"

"Maybe you don't mind being an ugly rat but I have a reputation to keep up." He shot back, narrowing his eyes at her.

"What, a traitorous snake that only cares about himself? That's a sad thing to be known as." She responded, with a chuckle.

"Shut your mouth." He hissed angrily, glaring at her. Affogato fixed his makeup before he redid his braid. Leaving the cottage, the watcher followed close behind.

As soon as they left the village they noticed the crowd of villagers gathered around something. The two joined them.

"You have to be fucking-."

"My King?!" Caramel exclaimed, walking towards him. He was on one knee, panting. His eyes glanced at Caramel and instantly softened.

"First watcher, I am glad you are alright." He said, giving her a small smile.