(Rewrite) Chapter 1

Short Back Story :

Y/n had a rather troubling childhood while growing up. Starting at such a young age she never interacted well with others and was not afraid to stand up for herself. When she was 16, she beat up a kid who was bullying her. Her parents had sent her off to a troubled kids school. Which turned out to be a correctional center, that wasn't very well maintained. After a successful release her parents never came to congratulate her for it, unlike most of the others' relatives who showed for their support. She felt hurt but believed they had maybe just forgotten the date. Once she arrived home, after a long 4 months of travel, they shunned her acting as if they never knew her. Heart broken, she ran off in tears eventually running far away to the old town of Tokyo. There she began working as a sushi chef at a bar.

 Y/n made two friends, Mika and Ren, in her 3 years of working there. If it weren't for them she'd have no one to turn to. She's thankful for them. Mika is the shortest but oldest, has medium length pink hair and is like a big sister to the friend group; the whole reason Y/n started working there in the first place and is the only reason she has a home too. Ren is slightly taller than the other two but is the youngest and has shorter fluffier hair. They all decided to live together shortly after meeting Y/n. They all had gotten close after these years.

Y/n's POV:  Present Day (A week from New Years)

Tonight is so dreadful and busy. I'm wishing for something exciting to happen. Then again it is almost New Years. I thought to myself while cleaning the tables before seating more guest. I walked up beside Mika and leaned against the counter. I rested my chin in my hand "So... what are you planning on wearing to the festival?" 

"I'm not sure just yet" she replied pouring us both a shot before tending to the customers once more. 

"I can't wait wait until New Years!" Ren exclaimed excitedly.

"Me too! I just wish we didn't work so late" Mika whined leaning back in a chair dramatically."

"At least that fancy clothes store downtown is still open when we get off. I went down there the other day to look around. I saw some beautiful  yukatas and kimonos. I even found something for Ren to wear. Maybe tonight we could go there after we close and find us nice clothes to wear to the festival." I smiled 

"You ladies need to be careful being out this late at night. Especially since there are reports of young women going missing." A strange middle aged woman had said while eavesdropping on us.

Another lady from the same group chimed in. "I heard that demons might be responsible for those reports"

"I doubt that! Demons are not even real. Stop trying to scare us." Ren spoke sternly.

"I agree with the kid, stop trying to scare them." One of the men had spoke up

Argumentative murmuring had spread across the bar and dining area. The atmosphere was getting heavy. 

"Well... Ren, there have been reports of eye witnesses seeing them but obviously, most don't want to believe them." I butted in.

"You've never seen one have you? So how do you know if they're real? It just sounds crazy, ya know?"  his tone was defensive.

"Just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean I don't believe they exist. I mean.. some of these people are traumatised by what they've seen. Wouldn't you yell out for help if it was you who had everything taken from you." I spoke curiously