Chapter 5: all thrones come at a cost

Four weeks later: after the fiasco

Things began to change for what seemed like the better, but things still weren't okay between micaiah and i. It seemed like everything was falling around us. Veronica was tried for conspiracy and treason for trying to steal the crown. And Beatrice was killed thanks to willow and sage. Never did I think I would be a powerful being. But I guess things change when you understand the unknown but don't fear it.

Things have been hectic, between becoming accustomed to the new laws, trying to figure out better protection for the pack warriors, having one too many meetings with the other alphas. Some are fiascious pigs. Sexist rude, vile creatures. But we do have one meeting today with a new pack.

Apparently she created the pack for all rejected wolves, or all wolves that were rejected from their pack and or mates, and so its kind of like a peaceful sanctuary. They are called the sunset howlers. Their alpha is the notorious, sammara fynn. She is cold hearted but caring, and has a fierce stubborn and strong aura.

The meeting isnt till 3:30 today with the other alphas. We are meeting in the conference room but i am dreading today due to i dont want to deal with most of these fiascious pigs that have the status of alphas and their sons. God just even thinking about it makes me want to throw up in my mouth. 

Conference room

3:30 pm

The alphas and their sons started to arrive and zilas greeted them, i just stood at the head of the table waiting, dreading every bloody second of this. Few of them kept eyeing me, i just snarled at them under my breath, " alright seems that everyone is here lets start shall we?"

Alpha Carl asked, " shouldn't you be in the kitchen darling? Thats where women belong." i laughed mind linking carl " and you belong in a six foot grave. Say that again and ill kill you myself." he immediately shut up confused and scared, " good, now first topic of the meeting, has there been any attacks or rouques coming into any territory or any misconceptions with wolves or creatures?"

They mainly mumbled and muttered no. one alpha did question, " if i may input, how come your still queen when you couldn't even protect your people from beatrice tyring to kill you?" the entire room went quiet. I felt my veins run like fire. " and how come you cant protect yourself from me shoving my foot up your-" zilas cut me off, " we have figured out the problem." i gorlwed, " yeah that problem is fixed, its called that raging witch is dead as can be. Rotting in the deepest pits of the underworld."

" very well then. Well if i may say myself and a few other alphas agree with me, we dont see you fit to be queen?" i felt my mouth drop open. I felt sage push through, causing her to become into a human.

Sage's pov:

I pushed through asking with venom on my tongue, " what did you expect out of questioning the daughter of the moon goddess? Think your gonna feel better bout yourself because your a low level sexist pig with the title of an alpha. Well news flash hun, this one is gonna stick around for a long time. Besides a queen cant rule without her king. But this queen rules with a iron fist and wont take any bullshit from others."

After the meeting

Getting ready for the gala

Maisy's pov

We only had a few preparations left thanks to the help of the wolves and warriors. With being queen came a lot of fancy clothing and dresses. It was bsasically like they rhinestone and sparkled everything in sight. After a while it gets sickening.