4.

Y/n and Ben quietly snuck back into his house and up to his bedroom, the second the door closed they both simultaneously sighed in relief.

"Well that was a huge waste of time," Y/n repeated the same phrase Rodger had said not to long ago, Ben nodded.

"Yeah..."

She turned to him and tilted her head slightly, "are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah yeah it's just..." Ben sighed. "I have a giant slushi machine inside my garage, it doesn't work, I'm tired and I've wasted my whole night stealing something that doesn't even work - what if we get caught?!"

He sat down on his bed and buried his face in his hands, "this sucks."

Y/n couldn't think of any words of comfort so instead she sat next to him.

"It does suck," she agreed, she was also starting to worry about what would happen if they got caught - but she didn't want to worry him so she kept quiet.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this," Ben turned and looked at her. "I shouldn't have, it was stupid."

"It's fine."

"No! Y/n! It's not fine!" he stood up now, speaking loudly. "None of this is fine! What if we get caught?! What if we go to jail?! This was a stupid idea I shouldn't have agreed to it!"

He started pacing his room, his mind racing.

"Ben be quiet," Y/n said in a panicked voice. "Your parents-"

"Oh my god I didn't even think of that," Ben spoke more hushed now but he was still pacing. "What are they gonna think?! They're never gonna let us hang out again..."

"They can't exactly stop us from hanging out, we go to the same school," Y/n stood up and grabbed his arm, he spun around and looked at her. "Now will you please calm down? I went into this knowing it was a crime-related thing! We were all stupid for doing this."

Ben nodded, he was growing nauseous so he sat down, Y/n sat down next to him. 

"And hey," Y/n turned to him. "Whatever happens - we'll be alright. We're minors remember?"

"Yeah, yeah that's a good point.."

"And you're not gonna lose me, okay? We're in this together!" Y/n grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Us, Elliot, Rodger and Teeny."

"Thanks," Ben smiled, squeezing her hand back.

~~~

Y/n awoke the next day in Ben's house, she scrabbled for her phone which was still in the pocket of her tracksuits and attempted to check the time - battery dead - she sighed.

"You alright?" Ben's voice sounded from the other end of the room.

"Yeah," Y/n said. "Phone's dead..."

"Oh right okay," Ben checked his phone. "It's currently 11:30am."

"Shit," Y/n sat bolt upright. "My parents... they don't know I'm gone... oh god they're gonna kill me.."

She quickly jumped out of the bed.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night," she said to Ben, picking up her hoodie and throwing it on.

"Thanks for stay-" Ben was cut off by her kissing him on the cheek.

"I'll chat to you later," Y/n said, she rushed out the door leaving Ben dumbfounded. He placed his hand on the area she'd just kissed, refusing to believe it'd just happened. There was no way, right?

Y/n was home in a matter of seconds, she opened the door to find her dad in the living room waiting for her.

"Where the hell were you?" he asked.

"Sorry," Y/n said, completely out of breath. "Ben called me last night, he was having trouble with some holiday homework..."

The lie came out so naturally - she'd been involved in some of their crimes before and the homework excuse had never failed her.

"Okay," her dad nodded. "I figured you would be - just text us next time. I had to talk your mother out of filing a missing person report she was worried sick!"

"Yeah, yeah of course," Y/n nodded, mentally slapping herself. "Sorry..."

Y/n headed up to her room and plugged in her phone to charge, when the screen lit up and turned on the first thing she saw was many missed calls from her mum, her dad, and a message from Naomi which read; "would it be weird if I said the grim reaper was kind of hot?"

She bit her lip nervously at the sight of Naomi's message - she wanted so badly to tell her about the heist last night, but she'd promised Ben she wouldn't tell anyone. At the thought of Ben she remembered what she'd just done mere minutes ago and her heart dropped. She at least had to tell Naomi about that.

She picked up her phone and rang her.... voicemail.

Oh shit yeah, holiday job...

Naomi did volunteer work in an animal shelter over the holidays and Saturday's during term time... Y/n had completely forgotten. Instead Y/n resolved to texting her about what'd happened - leaving out the part about the slushi machine of course.

She lay down in her bed and sighed, running her fingers through her hair she opened the message chain with Ben, questioning if she should text him or not. She'd said she would, but what if she'd made things weird? Did Ben even want a text from her? Suddenly the three bubbles popped up, indicating he was typing, he heart dropped and she threw her phone down on her bed wondering what he could possibly be saying to her.

Her phone buzzed, she took a deep breath and picked it up again.

"Hey can we call?"