ni 二

Next morning, the notebook is still in my mailbox.

"Oh, they wrote something." as I opened it to read the new message by the 'buddy'.

"Hope you won't think I'm a bad person for sending a notebook right to your house."

As I scanned through the handwriting, I realised.

"Wait wait! The fact that they wrote another message is even more scary!" I became wary and started looking around to meet eyes with Shosei, who had just went out from his house.

"What's going on?" as he takes the notebook from my hand and start reading the message.

"Hah! Not a bad person? As if anyone would believe that!" while rolling the notebook like a rollcake.

"Hey hey, wait! I think it's fine." I took the notebook and straightened it back.

"But you don't even know them!" he frowns as he looked at me and the notebook back-and-forth.

"Same goes to you. I see that you have been diligently replying to your buddy." knowing that Shosei had always checked his getabako for the notebook.

"That's different! I know them!"

"Well who are they?"

"It's definitely one of the junior from our school!" he said confidently.

"Sure they could lie, no?"

"That's–"

"Just a thought. Didn't mean to make you overthink." as I put the notebook back into the mailbox and starts walking.

"Hah! As if I would overthink something as small as that!" he keep up to my steps and walks by my side.

"Right, you are Shosei afterall."

———