san 三

"Did you ever wrote back to your buddy?" Shosei asked me while we're waiting in line to buy food.

"Actually no."

"You're insane." he shooked his head and took the last piece of dorayaki.

"Not enough peace for the day." said myself as i deathly stares at the person who just took the last piece of dorayaki.

———

It's been two weeks since my 'buddy' started writing to me. I never replied back in hope that they would stop after a while but they never did.

Of course, they wrote about how they feel sad about me not replying, but after a few days, they started writing about their daily life.

"Today, my school held a sport festival and I won first place for swimming."

"That's cool." as I put the notebook back into my mailbox.

They mentioned my name too, a lot of times. But not the usual name.

"The sky in my place is pretty, just like in Aki's place."

"What is Aki's favourite thing to do in weekends?"

"School is sooo boring. And worst, there's only boys. I wish I could transfer to Aki's school. "

"So he went to an all boys school." I nodded and put it back in the mailbox.

The notebook, is really pretty. A purple notebook with lots of stickers. It may look ordinary to 'other people' called Shosei, but it's decorated so nicely that I used to think my buddy is a girl.

———