CHAPTER 1

I looked at my phone

9:30 AM

Perfect!

Descending the stairs I heard clinking of utensils. Strange, I thought mom won't be back for another day! As I enter the kitchen, I can see my brother doing God knows what.

"What are you doing?" I asked him to which he questioned back "What are YOU doing up so early? All dolled up huh!" Why am I even expecting him to answer anything! "Going out!" I took an apple out of the basket and proceeded to wash it.

"I am making Maggie. Want some?" He offered which happens once in a blue moon but I'll have to pass. "No thanks. I'll have breakfast outside" I replied. "I won't be back for lunch." I added as I poured water into a glass and drank it.

"Are you going on a date?"

"Pffttt-"

I nearly choked on the water "What nonsense! It's a girls day out. I am going out with Shruti!" I said looking away. He looked at me suspiciously but didn't ask any further.

Afraid that he would ask something again, I fled from there.

Just as I arrived at the intersection, I also finished my apple and threw it into the dustbin. I looked at the time in my phone. 9:55 AMI opened my front camera and checked myself again! Ok perfect!

Why the hell am so nervous? It's not like its's the first we are hanging out!

Well technically it is the first time ALONE--

I looked down at my sneakers as I waited.

Suddenly a pair of white shoes appeared in my vision. I looked up.

..

Dark hazel eyes right staring back at me gently.

And there goes my heart ~

There stood Advay, the guy I have been crushing on since the second day of my college. Wearing a simple plain white shirt, sleeves rolled up and denim jeans making heads turn.

Why is he so gorgeous? It's a pity that I can't cover everyone's eyes!

"Hey" I almost whispered. I hope he doesn't notice the nervousness in my voice. "Hey! Good morning". He replied "Did you wait for a long time?" He added. "No no, just for few minutes" I said.

"Did you eat anything?" He asked. "Yeah! Just an apple." I replied taking a step back cuz anymore proximity and I'll faint. "You?" I asked. "Nope! Then let's eat something first." He said gesturing me to walk ahead. "Sure" I said and we walked towards his scooty.

After having chole bhature to our hearts content we headed to the book fair. I was waiting at side and he was parking his scooty when my phone rang. Huh! Why is she calling me now.

"Yes Shruti? Do you need something?"

"Date going well?"

"We are NOT on a DATE!!!!" God this girl! I looked towards the parking and he was coming towards me.

"I have to go now. Tell me quickly if it's important."

"Ok ok! Bring me a copy of 'The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo' "

"Done! I am hanging up!"

"Enjoy your first da---"

I cut the call quickly before she could finish. He was already standing beside me. I hope he didn't hear that, it's embarrassing.

"Let's go inside?" I said and we entered the book fair. And woahh! It's better than I expected. There are so many small stalls and that too author wise. There is a big tent like structure in the middle which I am guessing has various genre wise books also books for students. There are small photo booths and selfie corners here and there.

I turned to look at Advay. He is still checking out the place. His eyes narrowing sometimes then went back normal but I didn't find him frowning at all. He turned to look at me as if he could feel my gaze. "I thought you are not interested in books" l commented. "I don't. But you like it right?" He didn't even hesitate before saying that.

Did he really say that?

I can feel the heat on my cheeks! I turned my face away. I hope I am not blushing.

I heard him chuckle at the same time. "Where do you wanna go first?" He asked and we started going around the small stalls mainly because I wanted to buy Durjoy Datta's recent books.

We strolled around the small stalls and I would sometimes enter the stalls, if I like the author and I would check the books and he would wait for me sometimes and sometimes would come inside the stalls and would look at the books.

Like a perfect boyfriend--

Get a grip Nidhi!!

Finally, we came to the stall that has Durjoy Datta's books. "I want to buy some books and it may take some time" I told him. He said it's fine and we entered the stall. "I remember you said one time that he is your favourite author?" He asked. "Yess!! Remember I told you about 'Till the Last Breath'? That's his book and also my first book and one of my favourites" I replied as I searched for the new release section. "It's a little crowded. You go get your books I'll be here" I wanted to refuse but looking at the crowd I agreed and went there. 

--------

As i said previously, this was supposed to be a one-shot story, but somehow i made it lengthy so i have divided it into 3 chapters. Please continue to the next chapter.  

-Preeti<3