CAFETERIA GUY

The bubblegum in Gina’s mouth rioted with her dentition. The sound was so discomforting since she enjoyed the nuisance she made. She did it all purposely to provoke Dr Bamiloye, the only lecturer with the audacity of not taking her seriously, as he offended her by refusing to let Gina have good grades no matter how she tried bribing him. The man on his part could no longer condone her nonchalant behaviour and reacted rashly.

“Hey you, over there! Get out of my class now”, the lecturer thundered from the platform where he stood

His left index finger strayed from where Gina sat to the exit door of the class.

She simply hissed, infuriating the lecturer the more, and left the hall with her dense footsteps echoing in the mute room. The lecturer shook his head in frustration as he rounded up the lectures with a crucial assignment, which he made compulsory to affect their assessment and would spell doom for anyone who failed to do it.

Gina was so carefree and had a very absurd attitude; mostly admired by the young boys around the campus as well as lecturers who had a licentious nature, meanwhile, she was heavily criticized and highly despised by her gender, and most of them did so out of envy. However, a few wanted to earnestly be like her and have a taste of her kind of life.

Gina was the fairest not in complexion, but on her campus as her showbiz put her on the radar, and the only one who came close as a rival was Kristine. She is Gina’s only worthy opponent as she repeatedly does what Gina is capable of doing, and she eventually goes on to do it in a much better way. Their rivalry did not begin lately as it all started in their early years on campus, and since when Regina first made an appearance in their school’s magazine; Kristine decided to make Gina’s life in school a hell as she tirelessly competed with her.

Being unbothered about the lecturer’s verdict towards her, Gina was quite impressed that her bubblegum trick worked out perfectly well as she never planned to attend any lectures that day. She stepped into the cafeteria as eyes rained on her, and she enjoyed the attention they gave, as everyone adored her like a queen; she felt elated.

Her phone rang before she could gulp down the contents of the Coca-Cola bottle, and she stared with glee as she responded that she would be on her way shortly. She still had that smile plastered on her face when a young man asked if he could share the table with her, she does not entertain any stunt played by the ‘broke guys’ who were littered everywhere on campus. They constantly sought preys who they bragged into, about what they did not have while they clearly could not afford a meal in the cafeteria.

As she stood up to leave, their eyes met in a blink, and time froze. Gina simply mumbled an apology as she immediately scurried out of the cafeteria. She was desperately wondering what had gone in the cafeteria, and so she thought to have put him in his place, yet she simply moped at him.

Stupid me! She said after scurrying out of the scene.

***
“I have not seen the package”, Fred angrily yelled on the other end of the phone

The food he ordered was still pending, and it annoyed him that the meal was on the way after an hour of placing his order.

‘Baba! You and this your food vendors dem, I told you’, his friend echoed as soon as he got in

“Don’t worry about it, just refund my money”, he hung up and turned to his friend

‘Fred, be like better hunger never hold you’, his friend laughed hard