Intro

SACRIFICE

# 1 CHAPTER

A video surfaces on the internet. A video watched by millions around the world. It was the video of Avi addressing the world.

Avi, with curly long hairs which has lost his black due to dust and mud is standing in front of a plain wall. Avi is wearing a police uniform which had the badge 'Swami Iyer' on the right. Blood stains can be seen on the collar of the uniform.

Avi
"Yesterday I came across a news article written by the west. They called me and my team of revolutionaries 'The Junglee Blacks'. Why ? Fir the color of our skin or the work we do ? The Indian media has termed us terrorists. Aur aapko pata hai, isse pahile Indians ke saamne Britishers ne Bhagat Singh and Chandrashekhar Azad ko bhi terrorists bataya tha. But they were revolutionaries. And we are no different from them. Woh log Britishers ke khilaaf ladde aur hum humare hi logo ke khilaaf ladd rahe hai. Kyu ki humare India mein chamde ka color, gardan par latakta chain pe laga locket aur mathe pe laga thikka se hi logo ka pehchaan hota hai."

The camera which was shooting Avi's message falls on the floor. Anbu, the right hand man of Avi picks up the camera and continues shooting.

Avi
"Aur abb, the time has come. We'll continue our fight against the injustice. We'll fight till our last breath. We'll fight till the last one of us is put to the ground. And it's our Revolution. Our sacrifice for a better tomorrow."

As the camera pans out, the viewers see dead bodies of police officers lying on the floor. There are puddles of blood all over the floor. The wall on Avi's left has 'Liberation' written with blood.

INT. THUTHUKUDI POLICE STATION - MORNING

SP. Chithambaran, who is recently transferred from Maharashtra to Thuthukudi is watching Avi's message.

He gets up from his chair and switch offs the television.

Chithambaran
"Bas.. enough."

Chithambaran
"Yeh khud ko hero batake public ke aakho mein dhul jhok raha hai."

Constable Asan Ali who was standing at the door comes closer to Chithambaran.

Asan Ali
"Sir, yeh hi sach hai."

Asan Ali cont'd
"Aap Avi ko nahi jaante, but hum sab jaante hai."

Chithambaran (angrily)
"So, iske wajhese Avi is still free. Tum log sab uske side ho."

Asan Ali
"Hum sachai ke side hai. Logo ko terrorist batana asaan hai, par woh terrorist kyu aur kaise bana yeh koi nahi jaan na chahta."

Chithambaran
"So you have a story to tell ? Batao, mein sunn ne ready hu."

Chithambaran and Asan Ali sit around the table. Chithambaran has a photo of Avi pinned to the noticeboard behind him.