Prologue

12 years ago... 

"You never put us first! You always come back home late, go to parties and you come back home drunk and covered in hickies! Antonio you have a daughter at least act like a proper father for her sake" screamed mamma with make up pouring down her pretty face. 

"I don't put you first Emilia. Well probably because you and that bitch of a child are so worthless and boring! I WISH I NEVER MET YOU!" 

At this point I was a crying mess. I may be only three years old but I  completely understood what daddy said. I can't believe he thinks I am boring and worthless does he not love me anymore? He wasn't always like this, he use to be the best daddy anyone could ask for. He and I use to play tea parties everyday and he and mummy always use to cuddle and eat ice-cream together. Ever since he met that women: Aria daddy changed and he changed in the worst way possible. I couldn't watch any longer I hated seeing my mummy cry and knowing that I was the only one who calm her down I dashed towards her and hugged her. 

"It's ok mummy please don't cry. I don't like seeing you cry your pretty brown eyes drown in your tears. They don't look like stars anymore." For a second I saw sadness wash into daddy's eyes but little did I know it wouldn't last...

Daddy suddenly dragged me away from mummy by the hair and started kicking me on the ribs. "Daddy no! Please let me go I'm sorry I won't do it again" I pleaded and pleaded it didn't work. "Antonio let her go! She's just a child!" "You ugly piece of shit! I should have killed you when you were born!" All I saw was red in daddy's eyes as he kicked me with the sole of his shoe. Mummy tried to get him of me as I used my small, chubby hands to protect my self. Suddenly the redness in his eyes vanished and his chocolate eyes came back to life. Daddy froze as if he couldn't believe what he was doing. He looked around the room and back at me. "I- I am so so sorry baby I didn't mean to. Oh my goodness you are hurt" Daddy began to cry and reached down to me to hug me but I ran to mummy who was crying more. 

"Emilia sweetheart, I didn't mean it. Please let me help he-" mummy stopped him still hugging me to her warm chest. "Antonio please leave Athena is already hurt enough." "Please no I- I need to fix this" Daddy still kept pleading as he cried and kneeled down on his knees. "Antonio leave. Go back to Aria I don't want to see my daughter hurt anymore. We can divorce or do whatever you want just don't come back to us. You aren't the man I fell in love with and I can't see my daughter hurt anymore." He tried speaking to me, telling me how much he 'loved' me and how sorry he is but I just hugged my mummy harder. 

With one last glance at us daddy took his suitcase and slowly went to the front door. "I'm sorry Emilia and Athena I didn't want to hurt you. I hope you forgive me and never forget me cause I will never forget you" and with that he walked out the door and out of our lives...