1: What's Wrong?

Ochaco POV: 

"Y-Y'know ever since All Might's 'true identity was revealed Deku seemed a bit down! S-S-So I decided as his b-best friend i would help him out with the situation! Nothing less, n-nothing more!" I nervously chuckle as I try to explain the things  Izu- DEKU! Deku, and I have been up to.

"Oooh, best friend eh? Isn't it kinda strange how you regard yourself as his best friend when it could well be Iida." We are currently in my room. She wasn't invited and she basically barged in my room. I stumble with my words as I try to make up a valid excuse but nothing comes out except for a very, very weird chukle.

She pulls out her hand from behind her back and reveals that she was holding her phone, recording everything i said.

Oh! So that's why she's been keeping her hand back there. Well I'm sure she wouldn't reveal this conversation i had with her to every girl in 1-A! That would be a violation of my privacy. R-Right?

Just as I hope that she doesn't do that, she does exactly that. "COME BACK HERE MINA!" She responds by sticking her tounge out at me just before she turns the corner.

So, you probably want to know how i got into this situation. Well we have to rewind to many weeks ago, which is when All Might's indentity was revealed.

-Flashback-

"Hey Iida, have you been paying more attention to Deku lately?" I say as I walk through the halls of U.A. currently approaching the classroom.

"Hm other than the incident at the Nomu Factory, I really haven't been paying much attention Uraraka. Are you going to ask me for advice?"

"What exactly do you mean by 'advice' Iida?" I cock my head slightly with an eyebrow raised.

"Advice on how to ask Midoriya out obviously!" My eyes shrink at this statement and I cover his mouth with my hand. "Not so loud Iida!" I mean..we are in the middle of the halls. Some people very obviously turn their head towards us.

"Look Uraraka, I probably shouldn't be doing this as the class representative but I mean," He begins his signature robotic hand movements. "Come on! Almost everyone in class has been 'shipping' the both of you."

I couldn't even get a response out except for a slight whimper. Now he's just directed even more attention to us. Thanks Iida. Suddenly Ashido bursts through the door. "What's this i hear about advice?!" I shove her out of the way and run into the classroom.

On the way inside I accidentally bump into Deku who was about to go for lunch. "S-s-Sorry! I-I didn't look where I was going! T-That's on me!" I turn red just from the embarrassment. I look down at the floor. "N-No! It's fine really! B-but, why are you coming back to class? It's lunch time after all."

"O-Oh! Ashido was just, asking some embarrassing questions." I say as I put a hand on my arm. "W-What type of questions exactly?" 

"That's not important right now!" He is a bit confused by my response. "T-The point is that it's lunch time right now and I would just like to have lunch with you, and Iida." I say as I muster the courage to even look back up at him.

"I-I mean, sure but why did you have to request for it? Us three have been having lunch together since the start of school and-" *mutter* Those green pupils. They are so amazingly beautiful to look at. 

"Uraraka? You okay?" 

"Huh?! What? Sorry! I zoned out. Now how about we go have lunch?" I say trying to make this as non-awkward for the both of us.

"Are you..okay? Are you sick maybe? You can tell me if you want to," He puts the back of his hand on my forehead. "Not that I'm forcing you!" My mouth is just left wide open at him doing this so nonchalantly.

"Eep!" I say as I drag my head away from his hand. "No! I'm fine. Completely fine! Now time for lunch!" My blush gets even worse.

"O-Okay! Sorry for asking so many questions."

————————————————————————

The entire atmosphere at the lunch table is awkward between me and Deku. We haven't really talked much. Iida tries to cheer us up but y'know, the prior experience at class earlier was really not fun for the both of us.

I get up from my seat and go to dispose of my tray. I head back to class.

————————————————————————

Oh man, Deku probably thinks I'm so weird right now! This is all Mina's fault!

"Hey girlie, wat'cha thinkin' of?" Mina says with a smug smirk. "Are you possibly thinking of Midoriya?"

I lie my head down onto my desk, feeling defeated. "Yes..." I say with a defeated tone. "Look I just, I don't know Mina. I'm trying to help cheer him up after the Nomu factory incident but..I feel like I just made it worse."

"Aww, okay! I can help you out." She says as she pats my head. "And how are you going to do that exactly?"

"Well you know..there's a very effective way to cheer someone up." She says as her smirk gets wider. "And what exactly is that?" I say as I look back up at her. "Showing  said person lots of affection..love..all that stuff." She says as she winks at me. I turn red.

"W-Well if you're going to be like this the whole day, just go away Mina!" I say as I move my hands up and down ushering her to stop teasing me. She goes back to her table all giddy-like. But I start thinking about her words.

Love? Affection? Mina do you seriously think that Deku would want those types of thing from a girl like me? 

——————————————————————

Izuku POV:

"So Midoriya! Would you like advice from me?" Ashido says intruding into my personal space. "Look, I've said it p-plenty of times. Uraraka doesn't like me back." I say as I back up from her.

"And how would you know that exactly?" She says with a smirk.

————————————-996 words—————————-

Well I mean, that's more words than my first fanfic. 

This is just a side project while I think up the plot for Glitched Successor.

Oh and by the way, maybe go check my other fanfic about my oc in a MHA set world.