Rotten Oranges To Jelly Beans?!

Nagito's P.O.V.

I was on my way to my school Hope's Peak Academy. I checked my phone to see the time, realizing that if I didn't pick up the pace, I might end up neing late. I sighed. Ms. Yukizome won't be happy if I'm not there on time... She might even end up trying to find me with the rest of the class again...

Starting to speed-walk on the sidewalk, I turned the corner, only to run into something... Or rather, someone. I landed onto the ground, as did the thing that I ran into. With a groan, I slowly opened my eyes to see what I had collided with.

Upon opening my eyes, I took in the scene. I realized there was a boy, about my age, with spiky, brown hair, lying on the ground, rubbing the back of his head. "Ah, I'm so sorry-" I started, but quickly stopped myself as I realized what he was wearing. He wore a black suit with a white shirt under it, as well as a black tie. My face turned into one of disgust as I slowly stood up. "Ugh..." I groaned, "A reserve course..."

The boy seemed to take notice of this, and he looked up at me. He widened his eyes, and his expression screamed regret and worry. He stood straight up and was as stiff as he could be. "S-Sorry... Um... I didn't mean to run into you."

I sighed. "Watch where you're going, reserve course." I turned around and started back on my route, only to be stopped by a hand on my shoulder. As I looked back, I realized it was the boy, and I waved his hand off me. "What do you want? I don't have time for this."

"Sorry... But... On your head..." he said, looking up at me, for the boy was slightly shorter than me. "My breakfast is on your head." I gave him a confused look, and he reached out towards my head. I backed away, to which he replied with, "There's jelly on it. Wouldn't want you to get your hands sticky..."

With a huff, I stood still and looked to the side, crossing my arms. "Fine. Hurry up, though. I don't have all day, and you're already jeopardizing my time." Without a word, the boy nodded and quickly grabbed the thing from on top of my head. To my slight surprise, it was a small piece of toast with a small bite mark in it. I rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me. The whole 'Oh no, I'm late to school, I gotta make toast for on my way' ordeal? What is this, a shojo manga?" I scowled. "Whatever. I'm leaving."

The boy stood in silence, and I turned to leave. This time, as I started back on my route, the boy passed me up and ran ahead of me, eager to get to school on time. The toast was now in his mouth, and he was running rather fast, letting his school bag slightly loll on one shoulder. I sighed. Stupid reserve course... How typical. With another scoff and an eye-roll, I sped up to get to class.

~~~

As soon as my two feet entered the classroom, the bell rang. Looks like I made it just in time...

"Finally! We thought you'd never make it!" Souda said, his hands behind his head and his chair leaning back a little. A grin was plastered on his face.

"Ah, I apologize... I was running a bit late... My alarm didn't go off this morning." I closed the door behind me and made my way to my seat.

"Well you better make sure it's set for tomorrow, or you'll end up being late again, dumbass." Kuzuryu commented.

"Yes, you're right. I'll make sure I do." Besides, if there's any chance I'll run into that reserve course student from earlier, then I'll remember to change it as soon as I get home.

"You're lucky this time, Komaeda, but if you're late to class, then you'll have an earful to listen to. Got it?" Ms. Yukizome scolded.

"Ah, yes, ma'am. I understand." I said, nodding.

"Good. Now, my class! Today, we're gonna make sure that we make sure you're reputation as rotten oranges gets changed to nice and fresh ones!" Ms. Yukizome said with a determined grin.

"Waah! N-Not rotten o-oranges!" Tsumiki cried.

"Yo, those are totally the cool ones, though! Rotten oranges are way wacko, but that's what makes 'em so rock and roll!" Mioda exclaimed.

"Yeah, maybe we should just drop the whole orange thing..." Koizumi said.

"I totally agree!" Saionji chimed in. "Rotten oranges are super smelly and gross! Just like Tsumiki!"

"A-Ah! I'm sorry for b-being smelly and g-grooooss!" Tsumiki wailed.

"Indeed. The concept of rotten oranges does not bode well with me." Pekoyama said with a monotone voice.

"Well that's exactly why we are changing that!" Ms. Yukizome said, pointing at all of us. "Today's the day that you all become something better that rotten oranges!"

Hanamura smirked. "Better than a rotten orange? How about a nice, thick, and juicy-"

Pekoyama suddenly appeared behind him, holding her bamboo sword to his neck. "Do not utter another word." Hanamura was paralyzed with fear.

"So... What are we gonna 'become' today?" Mitarai asked worriedly.

Ms. Yukizome's lips twisted into a playful smirk. "You'll become... Jelly beans!!"

...

The class erupted into playful shouts and angry protests.

"Jelly beans?! The hell does that mean?!" Kuzuryu asked with a furious tone.

"What a shitty concept!" Nidai erupted into laughter, but then gave the teacher a thumbs-down. 

"I say to keep it in the toilet where it belongs!"

"Huuuuh? But jelly beans are totally amazing!" Saionji said. "Hell of a lot better than rotten oranges!"

"Actually... J-Jelly beans are really cute... But they aren't very good to eat... They're fine every o-once in a w-while, but please d-do not eat th-them too much!" Mikan stuttered worriedly.

"Fwahahahaha!" Tanaka laughed. "How foolish it is to assume that I shall accept a role as joyous as a jelly bean! Hmph. They are merely a lowly snack for my twelve zodiac generals!"

"Woah!" Sonia exclaimed. "I didn't know your hamsters are jelly beans!"

"Fwahaha! Of course, princess! It is merely a lowly treat they feast upon each and every Tuesday!" Tanaka boasted.

Sonia walked over to Tanaka, sparkles in her eyes. "Nanami! You must come check out these little hamsters! They truly are wonderful!"

"Huh?" Nanami asked, slowly looking up from her GameGirl console. "What did you say, Sonia?"

"H-Hey! Don't ignore the princess like that! How disrespectful!" Souda shouted.

I laughed slightly. The usual rowdyness of the class was enough to get my mind off of that lowly reserve course I came across only a couple minutes ago. The moment seemed so far away now, and it was as if the interaction had never even happened. The fact that such an insignificant person as himself happened to run into me... I had felt disgusted at that time. But all I could do was feel grateful that he was gone. Thank goodness, I thought. Thank goodness I won't have to deal with him again.

But really, by thinking that, I was jinxing myself. I would be in for a long ride after meeting that boy, and my life would forever be changed.

---

something must seriously be wrong with me to start writing a new fanfic at waht- 3-5 in the morning? wow, how mature... dont i have church today?