A world of liars

Natalia was walking on the main street, returning from high school to her new home. It was only recently that she and her mother moved to Baikalsk, the largest city on the lake Baikal. She usually was not very fond of constantly changing home because of her parents' work, a military and a surgeon, but she was happy to see this splendid lake with cristal like water every morning. She likes this view so much she has spent the whole summer hiking and swimming in the lake, alone, while her mother was struggling with the too old facilities of the hospital.

Even now, as the fall brought yellow and orange to the landscape and the creeks started freezing at night she deeply wanted to go and take photos of the lake instead of doing her homework.Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder.

-Can I help you? she said while turning to face the man she knew as the trourism boats owner.

-Natalia Daniilovna, follow us.

There were three of them, and she was feeling she was being slowly surrounded...

-I-I have to return home... m-my mother is waiting for me...

Another man, a bearded hunter, made his appearance.

-We know Vera Alecsendrovna will be at hospital until two o'clock tomorrow. Follow us.

« It's turning really creepy... »

But there were others people on that street...

-If you do not follow us we will be force you.

-Help ! she yelled, terrified.

The men grabbed her, she fought but five guy used to work with their physical strength were far to much for a teenager.

-Help ! Please ! Have mercy, please... In the name of God !

But everyone in the street was looking at her with a faint smile.

-Hail the spirit of the lake...

A single personne hurried toward her with a worried look on his face.

-Doctor Spirnov, help me please !

-Hold her still, he said to the boat owner while he was loading syringe. I'll give her a sedative...

Natalia felt a sting and everything became dark.