arts

In the serene countryside of New Zealand, Kim Minji, sought solace from the busy and hectic city life.

Surrounded by the picturesque landscapes, she found inspiration in every corner, her camera capturing the beauty that surrounded her.

Minji spent her days exploring the rolling hills, capturing the vibrant colors of the flowers and the serene views of the mountains.

She would spend hours immersed in her art, painting the landscapes, or penning down her thoughts into heartfelt poems and stories.

One day, while wandering the streets of Auckland, Minji stumbled upon a quaint coffee shop nestled in a corner. She decided to step inside.

As she sat sipping her latte, her eyes fell upon a girl, lost in thought at a nearby table.

Drawn to her aura of quiet contemplation, Minji couldn't resist the urge to capture her essence through her lens. With practiced skill, she discreetly snapped a photo.

Emboldened by her curiosity, Minji approached the girl, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "Excuse me," she said softly, "I couldn't help but notice your presence. Would you mind if I take your picture?"

She looked up, surprised by the unexpected request. However, the warmth in Minji's eyes put her at ease, and she nodded, a shy smile playing on her lips.

After exchanging pleasantries, they found themselves engaged in a heartfelt conversation, sharing stories of their lives and dreams. In that girl, Minji found a kindred spirit, someone who shared her love for art and adventure.

"So, you do arts?" The girl asked.

"Yes, I'm quite passionate about various forms of art," Minji replied with a smile. "I enjoy painting landscapes, taking photographs, and writing poems and stories too."

"That's great! I'm enjoying them too!"

"That's wonderful to hear!" Minji exclaimed, her eyes brightening with enthusiasm. "It's always refreshing to meet someone who shares a love for art. What kind of art do you enjoy?"

"I love sketching, painting landscapes and writing. Sometimes I took photos."

"That's great," Minji replied, nodding appreciatively. "Do you have a favorite location or type of landscape you enjoy painting?"

"I'm particularly drawn to painting scenes of rugged coastlines and mountains," the girl replied with a wistful smile.

Minji nodded in understanding, her admiration for the girl's passion evident in her eyes. "I can imagine how breathtaking your paintings must be," she remarked sincerely.

Her smile widened at Minji's words, a spark of excitement lighting up her features. "Exactly," she exclaimed.

"If it's okay with you.. can I see the pictures you took?" The girl asked.

Minji thought for a moment before agreeing. "Of course," Minji replied with a warm smile. "I'd be happy to share my photographs with you. In exchange, you'll show me your arts. How does it sound?"

"Deal!"

"Deal." With a flick of her fingers, Minji retrieved her phone from her purse, navigating to the gallery where she stored her treasured snapshots of New Zealand's countryside.

"These are incredible," she breathed, her voice filled with admiration.

Minji's cheeks flushed with pleasure at the praise, grateful for the opportunity to share her passion with someone who appreciated it. "Thank you," she said humbly.

As the exchange continued, the girl reached into her bag and retrieved a small portfolio of her own artwork. With a sense of anticipation, she carefully laid out her paintings and sketches before Minji.

"Wow," she whispered, her voice filled with awe. "Your art is truly amazing."

The girl smiled shyly, her cheeks tinged with a hint of color. "Thank you," she murmured.

As they continued to admire each other's work, they felt a sense of connection blossoming between them.

"I would love to spend more time with you right now, but I need to go now." She apologitacally began to gather her belongings.

Minji nodded understandingly. "I understand."

With a final wave, she slung her backpack over her shoulder and made her way to the door.

Minji watched as the girl left, and a sudden realisation hit her like a ton of bricks.

"Ah... what a shame. I forgot to ask her name..."