Chapter 2

The phone felt heavier in Taashi's hand as she dialled Soha's number. Each ring echoed like a heartbeat, resonating with the uncertainty of what lay ahead. Taashi took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves, as she waited for him to answer.

After a few rings, Soha's voice echoed through the phone, "Hello?"

The simplicity of the greeting held layers of complexity, the unspoken tension reverberating between them. Taashi hesitated for a moment, collecting her thoughts before speaking, "Soha, we need to talk."

Soha, still unaware of the storm brewing on the other end of the line, responded casually, "Sure, what's up?"

Taashi struggled to find the right words. The weight of the past few hours pressed on her shoulders, and the admission of her bluff loomed over the conversation. "I... I didn't mean what I said earlier. About breaking up. It was... a moment of frustration, and I wanted your attention."

There was a pregnant pause on the line, filled with the weight of unspoken emotions. Soha's response was measured, "Taashi, breaking up is not something to be taken lightly. What happened?"

Taashi sighed, realizing the gravity of her impulsive words. "I know, Soha. I messed up. It's just... I've been feeling distant from you, and I didn't know how else to get through to you."

Soha's tone softened, "Distance has been tough on both of us. I'm sorry if it felt like I wasn't making enough effort. We should talk about this."

The honesty in Soha's words struck a chord with Taashi. It was a stark contrast to the distant replies and the online status she had been fixated on. Maybe, amidst the struggles, there was a chance for understanding.

As they delved into a conversation that transcended the digital realm, Taashi and Soha began unravelling the complexities that had strained their relationship. The journey of understanding, healing, and finding clarity had indeed begun.