The friendly cannibal

By: Jinx

There would always be a girl who wandered the streets, she met no harm, she didn't want to cause harm but though. Regardless of that, the animals around her called her Hannibal. she doesn't always remember it , but whenever her brain shuts off, it was meal time.

She cries, and she begs for a friend, but no one comes to her aid. animals thought that she was unfixable.

A small town sorrow covered up with blood and the tearing of flesh but though, these thoughts have curled around in her mind. she wishing that she had control, wishing that animals would love her, but alas .those thoughts never stopped, and it all continues to spiral to a deep, dark abyss filled with thoughts, of ending at all and hallucinations of the body she sees.

But one day, two kids reached out, their paws wide-open

"will be your friend!" they both said in unison

"What if I hurt you? What if I eat you alive?" Hannibal, pleaded in an attempt to spare their lives

"Why would you hurt your new friends?"The energetic boy said.

"because I have no control when it's hungry, it does what it wants. All I can do is listen to its voice."

"But you don't mean to hurt us on purpose?"the girl said

"No bu-"

"Then that settles it, we're friends." The boy smiles, while looking at Hannibal

Hannibal was in disbelief, how could two animals wanna be her friend, a slow rage bubbled up within her, she never wants to hurt anybody again.

"WHY CAN'T YOU TWO GET THE MESSAGE? I'M DANGEROUS, I'M VILE, I'M CRUEL, I'M A FREAK!, NO ONE LOVES ME AND NO ONE WILL EVER WILL, SO WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE, DO YOU HAVE A DEATHWISH? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? I DON'T WANNA HURT ANYONE ANYMORE SO PLEASE LEAVE!" She didn't want to hurt them, she NEEDED to drive them away, why couldn't they understand?

But still after Hannibals rant she looks up to see, they're still there, they're not scared. She doesn't understand. she's been treated like a freak all her life and yet they're willing to stay.

"Why?" She said out loud without thinking. her heart beating into her ears.

"Cuz your loneliness brought us here." again They both said in unison. While they both giggled and laughed.

"You might have broken our bodies, but we still love you" the girl said

"Yeah, and even though you didn't mean to, that doesn't make you a bad person" the boy happily replied

As Hannibal stands up, she walks with them into a light, brighter than anything she has ever seen in her life but, in the process she left three bodies behind. She is sorry for those she has killed, she'll see them again, and the voices that tell her to feast have now deceased.

The life, in the bright lights could not be more surreal.