Enhypen : Love on Ice - 2

This was requested by @waylesswanderer

Note that this does not represent the artists or their behavior. They are used as characters to deliver the story

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Sim Jaeyun x Nishimura Riki

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

A wound is easy to heal; Jake has healed relatively quicker than he had anticipated. But a scar was hard to fade. For years, Jake tried to cover up his scar, manipulating himself to believe that he was fine, as if the incident had never happened. People knew nothing. They talked about how Sim Jaeyun slipped and fell just as he was about to cross the finish line and be a national champion. They whispered about how his father almost disowned him for being a disgrace. They talked about everything on the surface.

But they did not look deeper into the heart of a seventeen-year-old boy who had given up his dream to fulfill that of his parents. Life was an iceberg. People only tend to notice the surface. Jake gave up on trying to find someone or something to hold onto. No one understood him, no one was willing to risk drowning in the sea of life for him. Not even Sunghoon. Jake was grateful for Sunghoon to be in his life, filling up the spaces of loneliness with his company, helping him cover up his scar, and being willing to support him no matter what.

Yet, that wasn't what Jake wanted. Nobody cared what he wanted.

Then came Ni-ki, with his kind eyes and gentle smile, willing to listen and stay for him despite not knowing each other. He held his hand tightly while leading him to the ice rink, offering reassurance, telling him that he was there and that he would be there for him throughout. Ni-ki found him when Jake needed him, and stayed when he wanted a shoulder to cry on. He knew what Jake wanted. He cared.

༺═────────────═༻

The rain poured heavily against his skin. Tears and raindrops mixing together on his face. What has he done in his past life to deserve this? "Jake-hyung!" Ni-ki's voice reached him, filled with worry. The sound of footsteps against water reached close to him, and suddenly there was an umbrella over his head, sheltering him from the whiplash of rain.

Ni-ki's fingers find his face, rubbing away stray tears with his thumbs. Jake hugs him, face resting against the younger's chest, hands wrapped around his torso as he cries. Ni-ki's free hand rubs his back, often rising up to his hair and ruffling them, then settling back to his waist. "It's alright, hyung. Everything is fine. I'm here, yeah?" He whispers softly.

It took him a few minutes to calm down. "I'm sorry," he says, pulling back from the hug. "I ruined your shirt." Ni-ki waves his hands. "That's the last thing I care about now. What's more important is you. Do you want to tell me what happened?"