Chapter 1: Fresh Start

(Kyle's POV)

September 1st, 20(??)

I walked into school, ready for a fresh start. Summer break was fun, but I was getting bored of sitting around.

Everyone was chatting up their friends after not seeing them for a long 3 months, and placing their belongings into their lockers. Students were racing through the hallways, schedules in hand, searching for their home room classroom.

I headed to my locker, unlocking it and placing my backpack inside.

Something felt different. Good different. There was a strange aura...like something I'd lost years ago had suddenly been found. Then I saw him.

Stanley Marsh. He was at Wendy's locker, chatting with her and Bebe. Wendy especially seemed excited to see him.

I hadn't seen nor talked to Stan in nearly 3 years...I remember when he moved away, during the summer of 8th grade. We were only 14 at the time. Now both of us were nearly 17, and there he was, standing just a few feet in front of me.

There'd been rumors on why he left so suddenly. Some said he moved away to model for a sports brand. Some said his mom died and left them a load of money in his will. Others claimed he got a district-wide expulsion. Either way, he was back.

One thing everyone knew though was that he and Wendy were still together. They'd been doing long distance. I guess they were doing quite well, cause they lasted 3 years without seeing each other.

I couldn't deny, Stan had gotten hotter. A lot hotter. It's not like I'd have a chance with him. Looks-wise, he's always been way out of my league. He's always the one that girls look at, not me. All I've got going for me is my brains, and basketball. I finally made it onto varsity this year.

I stood in place, not realizing how long I'd been staring at Stan till he turned his head and waved at me. It made me melt inside as I waved back. His once innocent grin had been replaced with the sexiest smile ever.

I checked the time, realizing I only had a few minutes to get to class. I quickly gathered up all my books and checked my schedule, scanning it for my home room before heading off.

I sat down in my desk just in time, before the teacher began taking attendance. A few minutes later, someone came through the door, panting. It was Stan.

"Everybody, this is Stanley—" The teacher began, before Stan cut him off.

"Stan." He corrected.

"*Stan* Marsh." The teacher said, as Stan waited to be told where to sit down.

He pointed at the seat right next to me, and my face slightly went red. God, I hope Stan didn't notice. He gave me another smile, before sitting down next to me.

"Dude! Holy shit, I've missed you so much!" Stan exclaimed. "Did you get a new number, or something? I tried calling and texting you like—a billion times, but you didn't answer!" Stan said, and I began to feel slightly guilty.
After Stan left, I assumed he was never coming back. I blocked him on everything, wanting a fresh start in high school. New friends, new style, new hobbies, new everything. I guess I also assumed Stan would make new friends of his own, and end up forgetting about me. I guess not.

Luckily, my parents got me a new phone for my birthday, a few months ago, so I quickly nodded me head. "I—err...yep! I *did* get a new phone for my b—*freshman* year." I quickly said, before the teacher shot us both a look, signaling us to be quiet.

Stan passed me a note, "See you at lunch??" with a smiley face next to it. I looked over at him and nodded. He smiled, before turning his head back to look at the board. God, hes literally the definition of perfect.