CZA V.1.5 [1.0 Trick for a Treat]

Slate and Nires ages are 17 here.

No gore.
Id also consider this a bit sad (?)

(Also Candy infected talk in all caps normally, so expect a good bit of the dialogue to be in all caps.)
______________________________________

"Please go away like Shadow did, its not that hard." Nire rubbed one of his eyes, he was passing through a pretty desolate town and it was already starting to get dark outside.

Slate was following him, he was infected with the candy virus, same with Shadow and a few of their other friends, he has been infected for a few years now, he didnt really hesitate to accidentally infect himself once this weird virus suddenly appeared back then.

"BUT NIRE, YOURE MY FRIEND, WHY WOULD I LEAVE YOU ALONE HERE IN THE DARK AND DANGEROUS NIGHT, SOMEONE COULD HURT YOU." Slates mostly transparent, rock candy body was sort of glowing in the dark, making him quite easy to spot for anything that were to pass, though neither him or Nire seemed to be very worried about that.

"Ill be fine." Nire was mostly just trying to get away from Slate because he didnt want to deal with him trying to subtly infect him with the virus any longer, as unlike Slate he was not dumb and wasnt as easy to trick.

Slate kept his pace with Nire, ignoring his wishes for him to leave and just smiling happily, he really just seemed happy to be there.

After some time of Nire trying to get Slate to leave his side he just gave up as Slate seemed pretty stubborn and also seemed to get a bit irritated from the constant complaints from Nire, and he didnt wanna make him angry in fear he'd grow violent or something.

"Fine, stay then.. =n=" Slate grinned and his tail started to wag, making small crackling noises due to it literally being made out of crystalized sugar.

Nire decided to find a place to stay for the night because he wasnt sure if it would be a good idea to try to go back to where he and Vrn were residing at night, even with Slates non-guaranteed protection.

He found a small shop that seemed relatively untouched, damage wise anyway, deciding that would be good enough as long as Slate didnt somehow attract unwanted attention by being the idiot he is.

-Nire's POV-

Nire made his way through the shop, not really paying any mind to what might be around, as he really just wanted to find a relatively comfortable and hidden spot to sleep for the night.

He was a bit worried about Slates presence but he had slept around him before and he hadnt tried anything so he can only trust him to do the same again this time.

Despite him supposedly disliking Slate, he had started to miss the real Slate some time ago, as the one following him doesnt really act like Slate and was clearly not actually him.

Though he feels as if it might just be his brain that thinks so, as his soul seems to believe its still Slate and that this virus is just making him act off.

He isnt sure which one he believes as for the longest time nothing really stood out that would tell him which is right.

His thinking was interrupted when Slate grabbed him by the face with one of his large hands.