Chapter Thirteen A Catastrophic Day

Masako's POV

Alive? Her? What the hell is going on here? I stayed quiet despite my loud thoughts. "What do you mean? Spit it out!" yelled Tatsuro. Shizumi looked down, and Kenshi tapped her shoulder catching her attention.

"C'mon, tell us." he coaxed. Then, she mumbled some jitterish under her breath.

"I did some research on Satomi's murder." she said. The room temperature dropped as soon as she said those words. "And," She shoved a packet into Riki's hands. "You need to read this!" Then, she ran out of the building without a warning. Kenshi and Tatsuro went after her. I noticed she had left a calling card with her writing on it. I placed it into my bra so no one knew. Thankfully, no one saw. Riki began scanning the pages of the packet, and as he went deeper into it, his eyes grew wider with shock.

"What is it?" asked Taiga.

"I-it's..." Riki couldn't respond properly.

"C'mon dumbass!" yelled Takuto putting a hand on his shoulder and jerking him forewards. "Spit it out!" All of the sudden, Riki dropped the packet onto the floor and ran out the door. Takuto and Taiga ran out the door to follow him. Boss glanced at them worriedly.

"What the hell..." mumbled Yuki picking up the packet and flipping through it. His eyes widened and he was utterly speechless; not like he wasn't quiet, but he didn't say anything. Boss peered over at it and gasped.

"What is it?" Hiro asked.

"Th-this is..." Yuki who was usually calm and cold was now on the verge of collapsing from shock. His skin was very pale. Hyosuke grabbed the packet and read it making his eyes go the size of the moon.

"My god..." he muttered. "You all gotta see this!" We all crowded over him in a semi circle. He began to read aloud. "A lab that was once the home of the Leonardo Da Vinci in Koganei in the middle of a flower field is holding a very important project called, Project Forget-Me-Not. Currently, the scientists are doing experiments on a currently coma induced woman named Satomi, aka the great granddaughter of the Leonardo Da Vinci of Japan." The room went quiet and cold after those words. Satomi? Satomi... Isn't that my...?

"No kidding." replied Yuki.

"Keep reading Hyosuke." said Hiro. Hyosuke nodded.

"The subject is still alive, and is also diagnosed with amnesia and, as mentioned before, a coma. The chemical being tested is called "Corruptis." For some reason, a shiver went down my spine when I heard that word. Hyosuke continued. "It is said to cause corruption of the mind to turn a total sane person into a mentally insane killer." So that's why it's called Corruptis. CORRUPT.

"I can't believe this... So basically, they mean, they're trying to turn our friend who is kind and pure into a psychopath?!" yelled Hiro.

"That's.... What the hell!" spat Hyosuke. The mood for all of us instantly soured.

----------------------

Tatsuro's POV

We kept chasing Satomi's twin evne as she ran on top of cars and through alleys. She reached the roof of a apartment building panting and turned to face us. Her face was pale but flushed. "Why are you here?" asked Kenshi.

"Just read the packet and you'll understand!" she replied nervously backing up.

"Please." I said. "Tell us! There is more to this than just a packet full of information!" She shook her head and clenched her eyes shut. Kenshi walked forwards five steps.