Chapter Sixteen So Close but So Far

3rd Person POV

Riki continued running down the empty hallway in a black uniform. His comrades Takuto and Taiga followed close behind pretending to be handcuffed. No one was in sight, and all of the doors seemed to be locked.

"Turn right." Riki said. They took a sharp turn around the right corner and hit another long corridor. The three men weren't tired even after running all around the building. Riki held a gun in his right hand as he began walking slowly.

"What now?" asked Takuto.

"We have to find the others. At least some of them have to be here." replied Riki wiping his forehead. "Head down the hallway to the left." They began running again through the maze. Minutes passed by, and the three men still didn't see any of their friends.

"This is impossible." groaned Takuto sitting on his butt against the wall in defeat. They had passed through multiple corridors, rooms, and dead ends.

"C'mon. Get up. We still have to look." said Taiga pulling Takuto off the ground. Takuto lazily stood up.

"It seems," said Riki looking around. "We're going in a giant circle with a few dents in it." They all groaned.

"We are so hopeless." Takuto spat.

"We have to find Hyosuke and the others." Taiga said subconsciously.

"If we have been just going in a circle, then what if we..." mumbled Riki.

"Stupid building! Stupid, dumbass, round building!"

"Is Hyosuke alright? I have to grt back to work soon too..."

"Have we been to the middle of this building? We have to find a way there. But we have to find the rest of them..."

The three of them kept babbling to themselves not knowing what to do. Meanwhile, in a different hallway...

"Hiro, please stop touching my hair." Masako and the other two boys were sitting against a wall someplace else. Hiro was touching her choppy, short hair that covered Masako's eyes and glasses pitifully.

"I can't help it! It looks horrible!" Hiro whined. Hyosuke chuckled, and Masako sighed exasperatedly shoving Hiro away.

"It's not like I'm going to a beauty pageant! Plus, it was a quick moment thing! I can't have my hair being pulled as easily anymore!" Masako replied tiredly. "I had to saw it off with a piece of mirror. I'll get it cut later with my pair of scissors."

"No! Let me do it!" Hiro yelled.

"Absolutely not." Masako spat.

"Guys, c'mon now. You look like lovebirds!" taunted Hyosuke. Masako became angry, and Hiro smirked at her.

"Ooh, are you falling for me Masa?" Hiro asked. She frowned and pulled out the glass shard she cut her hair with.

"I swear, I'll cut you!" she threatened.

"Haha, you're scary Masa!" Hyosuke laughed.

"Fine. I'll cut your hair so it looks like MINE." Masako said crossing her arms.

"Eep! No!" yelped Hiro.

"Haha, please don't." Hyosuke said laughing nervously putting his hands up.

"What I thought." Masako said putting the shard away and standing up. "Anyways, we have to find the others."

"Right." replied Hyosuke. "Ah, we were having fun too Masa... Party pooper..."