𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒮𝓂𝑜𝓀𝑒? {t.n} (dating)

Scenario: Theo discovers y/n smokes
Requested by @spiderpunkismybf

(Y/d/h) = Your dominant hand (left or right)

WARNINGS: addiction

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Y/n POV

I reach in my pocket and retrieve my battered lighter and light the cigarette in my mouth. I take a drag and breathe the smoke out into the cold night air. I look out from the astronomy tower across the rest of the castle and out towards the black lake. This is my favourite place to come to clear my head, and also to not get caught smoking. It was a habit I picked up back when my O.W.Ls started, finding it a way to relieve the stress of them. Now, a year later, I'm still managing to keep it secret. I know most people probably wouldn't care but there's one person that I'm hiding it from the most: Theo. I have no idea how he'd react and I don't want to run the risk of him finding out and then wanting to split up. He's one of the few things that keep me going each day and the thought of him not being in my life just hurts. So it's better to hide it, to lie, just a little.

{timeskip}

I'm pulled from my thoughts at the sound of the tower door creaking. I don't know how long I zoned out for but it must have been a while as my cigarette is mostly burned down. I spin around to face the door, instinctively hiding my hands behind my back. Stood in the doorway is the last person I wanted to catch me. "Theo! You startled me!" He raises his eyebrows at my hands behind my back. "What're you hiding?" I hesitate before answering, "nothing! Why would I hide anything from you?" My voice sounds slightly higher than normal and I curse myself internally for giving myself away so easily. "Y/n. You're a terrible liar, you know that?" I stay silent, knowing I've been caught. Theo steps towards me slowly. "I thought we promised we'd be honest with each other?" I start to feel guilty, I had promised that and I hated myself for breaking it. "Yes, we did..." I sigh and decide to bring my hands out from behind my back, resting them at my sides. Theo's gaze falls of the almost finished cigarette in my (y/d/h) hand. It's completely silent for a few moments and I stare at the ground, not daring male eye contact with him. "You smoke?" Theo speaks up suddenly, his voice cutting through the silence. He sounds surprised but not angry or upset. I nod, gaze still stuck to the floor. I hear his footsteps cross the wooden floor as he closes the gap between us. I feel him in front of me, his shoes now in my vision, yet I still keep my head down, shame and guilt overwhelming me. That is until I feel his fingers under my chin, forcing my head up from the floor and his eyes meet mine. All I recognise in his face is a look of fondness, like he shows to me on any day. "Theo I'm sorry-" I start to apologise when he silences me with a kiss. It only lasts a few moments but leaves me speechless and him smirking. I quickly collect myself and speak up in a quiet voice, "you're not mad?" Theo's smirk switches to a look of sympathy, "why would I be mad?" I feel a little confused, I had expected him to be angry, to hate me, but he seems happy? "I thought you'd hate me. I thought you'd..." He shakes his head not letting me finish, "I could never hate you bella, true I'm a little hurt, but only because you didn't invite me to smoke with you." My eyes widen causing him to laugh. "You smoke too?" He nods, still chuckling slightly, "of course I do, I am slightly surprised you didn't notice. But that doesn't matter now." He shows me a warm smile and moves his hand from my face down to my free hand, interlocking our fingers. "I'm sorry you thought you had to hide this cara mia." I shake my head quickly, "no no it's ok, I'm just relieved by your reaction." We both laugh a little. After we quieten down, Theo speaks up, "so, may I join you?" I respond by taking the box of cigarettes from my pocket and offering one to him, then taking one for myself. I go to light mine but Theo takes the lighter from my hands and comes up close to light it for me. I feel heat rising to my face but decide to blame it on the flame. Theo smirks, lighting his own cigarette and turning to breathe the smoke out of the tower. His hand finds its way around my waist, pulling me close to his side, and we just stay like that, staring into the night.

━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

A/n
Thanks @spiderpunkismybf for this suggestion :3 Hope you like it and I hope the rest of you guys enjoyed this one too and I welcome more requests!

Bye for now :3

~ Aj