First Day of Torture

"Mina! It's time to wake up!" Mrs. Queenston shouted up the stairs."Today's your first day of school!"
Mina groaned and sat up, wiping her eyes as she threw her legs over the side of the bed. She got dressed, brushed her teeth and hair then went downstairs to the kitchen.
"You look nice this morning." Mr. Queenston said as he slid a plate of bacon down to Mina. "Eat up, I 'll be bringing you to school today."
"Yes sir," Mina mumbled as she ate her breakfast and stood up.
"You ready?" Mrs. Queenston said with a smile. "Be good, Mina; don't let anyone tell you bad."
"Yes, ma'am." Mina smiled as she turned around and followed Mr. Queenston out the front door and to the car.
The ride was long and silent; only being interrupted by the occasional cough or sneeze. Mina was non-stop thinking about what the school would be like and how she would find her way around it. By the time the two arrived, Mina was on the edge of her seat with anxiety and questions.
"Have a great first day, dear." Mr. Queenston said with a smile. "Oh, make some new friends, too!" He added as he pulled out of the parking lot.
Mina smiled and waved to him as she turned around and headed to the school. As soon as she put her hand on the door to open it, Mina heard a small group of muffled whispers and giggles; Mina didn't pay attention to it, and kept walking.

***

"She's so weird!" A girl said. "Is she our new toy?"
"Yes," Another whispered. "We're going to, make her feel like she never was alive."
"Ooo," Another awed. "This is going to be fun~"

***

"Today class, we have a new student." Mrs. Andrew said as she motioned her hand towards Mina who was sitting silently in the front row. "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class, Ms. Mina."
Mina suddenly snapped her head up towards Mrs. Andrew, causing a wave of giggles and laughs from the class which was hushed by a wave of a hand. "Y-Yes, ma'am," Mina stuttered as she hesitantly stood up and faced the class. "My name is Mina and today is my first day here," Mina glanced over the class is hesitance.
"We know that, Captain Obvious." A girl in the back cawed causing the whole class to erupt in laughter. "Loser."
Mina cleared her throat and continued with her introduction. "I was ado- My mom, dad and I just moved here a few days ago and we're still trying to get situated in our new house." Mina sent another glance around the class. "I'm fifteen and originally from Germany." Mina smiled proudly at the conclusion of her introduction.
"Oh, you're German? That's amazing!" Mrs. Andrew smiled and lightly clapped her hands. "Now that that's done, let's get on with class today." Mrs. Andrew ushered Mina back to her seat.
The day went by slow & confusing. Especially due to the group of girls prodding and poking at her whenever they could. Mina didn't think anything of it that day & went home with that happy-go-lucky smile on her face.
"So, how was your first day, Mina?" Mr. Queenston said as he sent a quick glance over at Mina who was sitting in the back seat , eyes glued to the window as always. "Mina,"
"Good," Mina blurted out suddenly. "Good, my day was good..." She said, her voice trailing off as her focus faded back to the window.
Mr. Queenston sighed and turned his attention back to getting home in one piece.