12. His Struggle

12. His Struggle

Is everything okay, Dad? Are you okay?" Vikram asked with concern.

Siddharth inquired, "Were you with a girl around 12 years old on the evening before you guys came here?"

Vikram admitted, "Yes, I was."

Siddharth pressed, "Did you leave her in the boat?"

Annoyed, Vikram retorted, "I did, but what's the big deal? Why are you asking about that girl? I don't want to talk about her."

Siddharth raised his hand, signaling Vikram to stop. "Shut up, Vikram. I never expected this from you. You don't know how to treat a girl who is a year younger than you. It's irresponsible."

Vikram defended, "She's very selfish and a cheater. You don't know anything about her."

Siddharth, disappointed, declared, "I am sending you to a boarding school. You'll be living in the hostel." The tension in the room escalated as consequences unfolded.His father left the room

Vikram pondered, "Did she meet my Dad and complain about me? You devil, I hate you. I hate you from the core of my heart," his inner turmoil echoed as emotions intensified within him.

★★★

At the airport, the bustling crowd moved with purpose, the hum of conversations blending with the occasional announcement over the intercom.

Siddharth addressed Aruna, " Aruna, you and Mom go with Vikram and join him in the boarding school. We have a mansion in Rishin. Don't worry; the school teaches everything about business and discipline," subtly aiming his words at Vikram.

Vikram, placing his hands on his waist, turned away, visibly upset.

Aruna questioned, "I don't understand why you're making this decision so abruptly. He's just a kid."

"Please, Aruna, trust me. I'm doing this for our child's future," Siddharth insisted.

Approaching Vikram, Siddharth made him sit on his lap, holding his hand. "Vikram, I know you're angry right now. Always remember, I may not be perfect, but I am your father. I can do anything to protect you and provide the best. Don't hate me for sending you far. There are things beyond your age to understand. Be well, make me proud. We'll visit you every month, and you can call us anytime you want, we will come there" 

Vikram listened calmly, nodding in understanding.

Siddharth gently patted his forehead, saying, "Don't be sad. I feel like I'm sending you off alone. I wish I could enroll in the school at my age," he joked.

Vikram smiled, acknowledging the underlying affection. Despite his maturity, he remained a kid at heart, afterall he is kid of 13 years old, susceptible to the warmth of love and caring words.

Dad, where is Dr. Manu Uncle? Why didn't he come here to give a send-off? I called him, but it's switched off," Vikram inquired.

Siddharth explained, "Actually, he had to go out of station. You know how busy he is being a psychologist and also psychiatrist. You should understand."

In Vikram's internal monologue, he mockingly thought, "I should understand everyone, but who is there to understand me? God, why me? These relationships are more difficult than mathematical problems. I don't know how to calculate the solution." Despite his inner turmoil, he smiled at his father, indicating that he understood. 

★★★

In the hospital canteen, the ambiance was a mix of sterile cleanliness and subdued conversations. The aroma of coffee lingered in the air as people, wearing a spectrum of emotions, sipped their drinks while waiting for updates on their loved ones.

Siddharth and Dr. Manu found a moment of solace amidst the hospital's hustle. Siddharth, for the first time, witnessed Dr. Manu in a state of helplessness. Seeking to console his friend, Siddharth placed his hand on Manu's, which rested on the table, and gently asked, "Are you okay?"

Tears welled up in Dr. Manu's eyes as he struggled to contain his emotions. "Yeah, I am okay," he replied, his vulnerability evident in the unshed tears. 

"I am sorry, all this happened because of Vikram," Siddharth expressed remorsefully.

"Don't say that. He's just a kid; he doesn't know that Maithri is on the edge of death. If he comes to know, he'll suffer lifelong guilt. Even you shouldn't think like that," Dr. Manu reassured.

"But he hates her very much. When I asked about her, hate is literally evident in his words. Don't know why? If he comes to know what happened to her, he won't harbor any grudge against her," Siddharth explained

Dr. Manu responded, "After all, he's a kid. Time heals that hate, but at this age, if he comes to know he almost caused harm to a girl, his heart won't be able to digest it. The guilt would eat at him more. That's why I told you to hide it from him."

Siddharth nodded in understanding and sighed, "Before leaving, he asked about you."

Manu smiled and inquired, "So, he talked to you normally, without showing anger?"

"Yes! I didn't expect him to behave so calmly. Even after sending him far, during our brief conversation, when I explained that I am doing it for his well-being, he became surprisingly normal. It's very hard to understand him. It surprises me that he's just a 13-year-old kid," Siddharth shared, reflecting on the unexpected maturity and composure displayed by Vikram in their recent interaction.

Manu expressed proudly, "You've continued your family legacy, but your son is going to rewrite everything. He's poised to become the brand ambassador of the legacy, transforming the entire business into an international entity. The Varma Group of Industries might be known by his name. Who knows, he could build a business kingdom; he has the potential to become the king. I've never met a kid like him-smart, intelligent, and handsome. I appreciate his attitude. God knows, in the future, he might become the heartthrob of girls as he grows older. He's not only good at heart; I wonder who the lucky girl will be to hold his heart," Manu mused, envisioning a promising and impactful future for Vikram. The admiration for Vikram's potential and character shone through Manu's optimistic words.

Even hateful words from a child can stem from a place of misunderstanding. Patience and time can heal those 

Sometimes, unexpected maturity hides a child's struggle. Look beyond the surface and understand the complexities within.”

Communication is key, even with a teenager. Explain your actions, even if they don't understand them fully. It fosters trust