Chapter 13

13. Twelve Years Later

Time flew by like fluffy clouds. Twelve whole years had passed, filled with unspoken words and unwritten stories.

Back in Nishada City, at the Varma Mansion, Aruna bustled around the kitchen, making sure everything was perfect. Devi, her mother-in-law, noticed Aruna's excitement and said, "Relax, Aruna. Everything is ready, just like you wanted. Sit down and take a breath!"

"It's Vikram!" Aruna exclaimed, a mix of excitement and nervousness in her voice. "Our Vikram is coming back after Twelve years!"

Devi beamed with pride. "Not just us, everyone knows! He's all over the news - 'The Great Vikram Varma,' a basketball champion, chess genius, and model! He's finished his studies abroad and is returning home to take over the family business, the Varma Group of Industries."

As they talked, they entered the living room where Siddharth was glued to the news. The announcer declared, "Vikram Varma, a handsome 25-year-old who's stolen many hearts. He's a basketball champion, chess grandmaster, and model. Now, after finishing his studies, he's returning to his homeland to follow in his family's footsteps and lead the Varma Group of Industries!"

A proud smile spread across Siddharth's face as he watched the report about his son's achievements.

Devi, noticing Siddharth wasn't getting ready to leave, asked, "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be at the airport to pick him up?"

Devi already thinking about a party, chimed in, "Are we having a party tonight? Did you ask your manager to send out invitations to all the VIPs?"

Siddharth surprised them both with a simple, "No."

"No? Why not?" they both exclaimed in shock.

Siddharth explained, "Vikram didn't want me to pick him up at the airport, and he doesn't want a party either."

Meanwhile, at the Airport...

Vikram, a handsome young man of 25, stepped out of the airport. He was tall and well-built, with sharp features and piercing blue eyes. He looked like a movie star with his stylish clothes and confident walk.

The media swarmed him like bees around a flower, flashing cameras and shouting questions. Vikram stayed calm and collected as he navigated through the crowd. He hopped into a waiting car and left the media frenzy behind.

Sitting in the car with his best friend Ajit, Vikram joked, "Wow, no hello, just straight to the interview? Someone forgot the background music for my big return!"

Vikram then asked more seriously, "Is this funny to you?"

Ajit chuckled and told the driver, "Head to the Varma Mansion."

Vikram suggested, "Actually, let's go to the coffee shop first. I want to talk to you privately."

Ajit agreed and told the driver to go to "Heaven Coffee" instead.

At the Coffee Shop..

They settled into a cozy private room with soft music playing. Vikram looked at Ajit and asked, "Did you get the information?"

Ajit looked confused. "Information about what?"

Vikram, a little annoyed, said, "Come on, Ajit. I told you to find out about the person who runs that website, 'Mark-IV.'"

"You mentioned they'd be about 10 years older than us, right?" Ajit asked.

"Exactly! I want to meet him, thank him, and I want to tell him how much his words inspired me," Vikram explained.

Ajit burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Vikram demanded.

"I'm serious! I really admire them. His words have meant a lot to me. I've been following them for 11 years - his architecture, his ideas..."

Still laughing, Ajit asked, "In all these years, you never talked to him on the phone or even saw their picture?"

Vikram explained, "We only chat through messages on his website, and they never share their photo anywhere online."

Ajit, with a mischievous grin, said, "Okay, listen carefully to this breaking news. 'He'... 'He'... 'He' isn't a he. It's a "She"! A girl, actually. Just a year younger than us, a 24-year-old girl runs 'Mark-IV.' I tried to find out more, but that's all I could get."

Vikram's jaw dropped. "What?! That's impossible! How could I have been so wrong?" He couldn't believe it. Everything he thought he knew about this person for over a decade was wrong.

Ajit noticed Vikram wasn't saying anything and asked, "So, what now? Want me to see if I can track her down?"

Vikram stayed silent.

Ajit gave it another shot. "Can you still message her on the website?"

"Yeah," Vikram mumbled.

"Well, why not ask her name or where she lives?" Ajit suggested.

Vikram sighed. "Honestly, Ajit, I'm still reeling from this. I don't even know her real name!"

Ajit couldn't resist teasing him a bit. "Hey, do you think you're in love with her or something?"

Vikram rolled his eyes. "Come on, man! Enough already. Let's just head home."

Ajit kept up the playful banter until they were back in the car. When they pulled up to the mansion, Vikram practically shoved Ajit out, shouting, "Get out! I'll see you later." Then he climbed out of the car himself.

A decade of admiration, a moment of shock. Is this the start of a beautiful friendship, or maybe even more?

If you are following me in Instagram - i am informing you , I am not active right now.

I hope you like this story

Keep smiling

Let me know my mistakes

Keep smiling

Chandanakshi