First encounter

Somehow my bestfriend of ten years convinced me to slide through this bougie musician party out in Calabasas

Somehow my bestfriend of ten years convinced me to slide through this bougie musician party out in Calabasas. My best friend, Tayla Parx, is like the social butterfly that people naturally gravitate to, she's forreal like a little bundle of sunshine. Then there's me, total black cat energy. Don't get me wrong people are cool and as an up and coming music producer, socializing would help me get connections. However, being cooped up in some millionaire's luxury penthouse isn't how I really want to spend my Saturday night. I just wanted to recharge from working two weeks straight in the studio and spark up a blunt at the crib. But no, Tayla called me and insisted. Nah. Threatened me to come.

"You've been in Cali for under a year but choose to stay in the house like you on house arrest. Do I have to call ya moms and let her how her daughter is turning into a hermit?".

Knowing my mom would call me fifty eleven times and give me lectures on the importance of getting fresh air. I had no other choice but to put on a cute fit and show my face at this party just to say I went.

I'll be honest the penthouse was nice! I mean it was decked out with this dark modern interior with various abstract artwork on the tall tan walls. The lights were dimmed low which created a chill atmosphere as some Katraynada beat played. People were gathered in their own world in the kitchen sipping on champagne as they chattered about nonsense. Taking a glass of my own, I ventured my way through the house.

Taking note of the blunt rotation happening in the living room and nodding at some familiar faces.

"Hey, Y/n! You decided to come!" a raspy alto voice yelled out through the air of smoke clouds.

Making my way to the conversation pit, I plopped down next to my best friend, giving her a side hug.

"Well, it's not like I had a choice." I huffed as she nudged her shoulder into mine, taking a sip of bubbly while I eyed the company around. Tayla pulled exactly two hits from the blunt that rested between her fingers, puffing out a smoke ring before offering me a hit. I immediately hesitated knowing how I act when under the influence. Let's just say a certain cat is hard to tame when the jane starts hitting and I wasn't trying to get into anything tonight.

"Girl, you needed to get out of that house! Here, hit this. It'll make you feel better". Grabbing the blunt and placing it between my lips taking a slow inhale, letting my eyes shut in the process. I felt the seat next to me dip.

"Tayla! I told you to save my seat!" A sweet melodic voice whined next to me. Opening my eyes as I exhaled the thick smoke out of my lungs.

"My bad, Vic. My friend gets automatic dibs." Tayla apologetically retorted to the woman. Reaching across me to give the woman a comforting pat on the knee.

Taking a second hit as I turned to face the source of the pretty voice, my eyes locked with soft almond brown ones. Lungs deflating as if this woman's beauty took my breath away. Either the effects of whatever strand of Mary Jane was hitting already or this was the most ethereal woman I've seen. From the way her lashes fluttered open to her glossy brown sugar lips, I was already intrigued by her.