Chapter 5: Getting to know you

The following day, Alastor was in the kitchen making himself a cup of coffee instead of having breakfast, as he didn't feel like eating anything. He spotted Lucifer painting as he stepped outside with his cup of coffee. Upon approaching him, Alastor noticed that Lucifer was painting a tall, beautiful woman holding a little girl who bore a strong resemblance to Lucifer. Lucifer stopped painting when he saw Alastor walking towards him and taking a closer look at his painting.

Alastor: "Is this your wife and daughter"

Lucifer: "Yep this is my beautiful wife Lilith, and my baby girl Charlie"

Alastor: "Do you miss them"

Lucifer: "Of course, I miss them, oh are you going somewhere want me to come"

Alastor: "No you can continue painting, I am just going to do my broadcast"

Lucifer: "Alright "

Alastor put his cup away in the sink while observing Lucifer through the window. The latter was staring at a portrait with a loving expression, which made Alastor feel envious of the Queen of Hell but why, he decided to ignore the feeling. He then headed to the station to do his broadcast. As he finished talking about the latest missing people, the phone started ringing. Alastor got up to answer it.it

Alastor: "Hello, who is calling" he said with such a cheerful sort of annoyed tone

Mimzy: "Alastor, how was the party,"

Alastor: "Oh Mimzy, it was fun but also boring"

Mimzy: "Could of guess, but hey did you meet the host of the ball"

Alastor: "No, I left an hour after arriving at the party"

Mimzy: "Well for some reason I heard from a friend that he was looking for you and Lou, he gave her his number in case she saw you guys"

Alastor: "Why"

Mimzy: "I don't know, you want me to give his phone number, to ask him why"

Alastor: "Yes"

Mimzy: "ok so the number 90#-#7#-##3"

Alastor: "Thank you Mimzy for this information"

Mimzy: "No problem Alastor, well I got to go bye Al"

Alastor: "Bye Mimzy"

After ending the call, Alastor found himself lost in thought. He couldn't understand why someone as wealthy as the person on the other end of the line would be interested in him and Lou. Perhaps it was because of his radio broadcast, but that still didn't explain why they were also interested in Lucifer. Lucifer had finished his task for the day, panting and exhausted. He had spent hours perfecting it, and now that it was done, he was admiring it. As he looked at his creation, he noticed Alastor walking home, lost in thought. Lucifer approached him to see what was on his mind.

Lucifer: "Alastor what's wrong"

After hearing his name from Lucifer, Alastor snapped out of his thoughts and saw Lucifer standing beside him, looking worried.

Alastor: "Nothing, just has been a long day"

Lucifer: "Well want to take a walk with me, it might make you feel better"

Alastor: "Sure, why not"

. Lucifer took Alastor's hand and led him into the woods. As it grew darker, Lucifer used his magic to create a tiny flame to light their way. Eventually, they arrived at a small pond with little ducks swimming in it