What Happened this Summer Part 2

Stella walked into her house, yawning. She threw her keys down and headed to the coffee pot. After making coffee, she grabbed her laptop and notepad and sat at the kitchen table. Her phone rings, and she smiles widely. "Miss me already?" She teases. 

"Very much." 

"Shouldn't you be working?" She asked as she opened her laptop. 

"I am; I'm in the middle of washing the truck right now. And I wanted to hear your voice." 

She smiled. "Kelly, it's not even been an hour." She tells him as she thinks about their morning love-making session. 

"I know, but I hate being away from you, even for a second."

"I hate it too," she admitted. 

"You... I gotta go; my dad is looking for me. I love you."

"I love you too." She replied and laughed when she heard Benny tell Kelly to put your phone away. 

"Bye, baby." He said it quickly, then hung up. 

She smiles as she puts down her phone and logs on to her school website. 

"Knock knock!" Tyler yelled as he walked into her front door. "What's for breakfast?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen. 

"Whatever you're cooking," she replied. 

"Your sarcasm kills me." He walks over to the coffee pot. "So when were you going to tell me?"

"Tell you what?" 

"About your house being for sale." He took a sip of his coffee. 

"My house isn't for sale." 

He arched his eyebrow. "Then what's up with the for sale sign in your front yard?" 

"There's not a for sale sign in the front yard." 

"Yes, there is." 

"No, it's not." She yelled.

"Don't yell at me; go look for yourself." He yells back. 

"What the hell are you two yelling about?" Violet asked, walking into the kitchen. 

Stella's eyes widen. "Hey! I didn't know you were here."

Violet gave her a confused look. "I still live here, at least for now." She poured herself a cup of coffee. "Which reminds me." She turned her face toward Stella. "Why did you get so upset with me yesterday when I said I was moving out? With your mom selling the house, I will have to find another places to live anyway."

"She's not selling the house." She tells her in an irritated tone. 

"Then what's up with the sign in the yard?" 

Stella gives them both an uncertain look. "There is no sign in the yard." She repeats this as she walks out of the kitchen. "It's probably a voting sign or some shit like that; my mom loves this house." She yells as she walks to the front door. She walks out on the porch. Her eyes go wide, and her mouth drops as she stares at the blue and green for sale sign. 

"So, how do you explain that?" Tyler asked as he and Violet joined her on the porch. 

"That has to be a mistake." She tells them as she crosses her arms around herself. "That sign wasn't there yesterday." She turned around and looked at Violet. "Was it?"

Violet shrugged. "I honestly wasn't paying attention, but it was there last night. When I got here around nine, I saw it." 

Stella was confused and slightly annoyed. "I've never seen that sign."