Loneliness

Lucifer was sitting on the couch, he wasn't watching the tv or working on his goofy little duckies.
He was sitting there, all alone, the lights were off and he was just doing nothing... or better he was laying there staring at the ceiling...
And with a soft motion of his hand, golden figures appeared and they slowly started taking the shape of something more familiar...
humans?
mhmm no... demons.
But not the typically little red demons with horns, tails and somehow wings too.
No, nothing like that, the shapes were dancing mid air, the three of them holding hands and just swirling around, letting some of the powder falling softly on the ground.
As the shapes took more form, they slowly became more vivid.
Two adults and a little kid...
The kid had hair tied in a ponytail and she was wearing a little dress, the two adults were a tall woman with long and silky hair...and then a man.
He was shorter then the other woman, he was wearing a hat, and a snake was twirled around it.

It was Lucifer, his daughter and his wife...
well, now ex wife...
Since Lilith asked divorced everything had been difficult for him.
The divorce was hard, even tho Lilith had been showing hints of indifference towards him for a long time, but as they say "love is blind" and in this case, it was true, he had loved her, and he still did so much, that he couldn't see the hints she was throwing him some now and then.
Maybe they weren't clear enough, and maybe if he only could have seen them, he may had a chance to try to fix their problems...or maybe he may hadn't suffered that much if he was starting to notice a change on his wife's behavior.
But that didn't matter, because everything was already done right?

No...he couldn't stop thinking about what he could have done to save their marriage, his mind was full of those overwhelming thoughts.
He still loved her... somehow.
But what made him really breakdown, was his wife taking their daughter with her.
It was like he had been ripped away from his own family, from his own life.
Because that's what they were for him, they weren't only his family, but they were his whole life and wheel to live.
Since then he refused to go out, he refused to take control of his kingdom...
Every day, and every night he would pass it all alone in his room, doing nothing but working on ducks or just staring at the ceiling or at the floor.
He knew it wasn't healthy, but at the same time he didn't have the strength to do anything else.
Till today at least.

When he finally gained his strength and decided that he had to do something to change this, he couldn't live like that, doing nothing and just thinking about his ex wife and his daughter.
But going out was too overwhelming for him, he couldn't even handle the thought of journalists following him to ask him about his divorced.
He decided to visit the earth.
He hadn't been there in a while and last time he had been there...
...Well we all know the story.

"Fuck!"
The portal that connected the earth and the hell threw Lucifer violently against the cold and wet grass.
The hit was so violent that it made him numb.
He opened softly his yellow eyes, still laying on the ground, he tried to get up but the brightness of the sun made him feel dizzy.

He finally got up and his eyes were hit by the view of that new world.
His eyes were caught but something he had never seen before.
a white powder falling from sky
He looked at it in awe before snapping out.
He was Lucifer, he had been living in hell for only God knows how much...and when he tried to figure it out what that could be...
well the only thing that popped in this mind...
Crack.
"mhmm nah okay maybe it's not crack"
he muttered looking it closer.
He was looking at the snowflakes hypnotized by them, by the way the were softly falling on the ground and by the way the fell on his hands and slowly melted for the temperature of his hands.
As he took a better look, he couldn't realize what he was yet, but he thought it was extremely familiar whit the golden powder he could create.
After staring at the snow for so much time, he finally took a look to the whole ambient, he always had been amazed by how the earth looked, the blue sky, the soft little clouds and the chirping of the birds.
He wanted to explore more, but to do that, he knew he couldn't just walk around like that.
He looked around a little, thinking about what animal he could become to not come as suspicious.