1

Singing. No, Screeching. Screeching is how I would describe the sounds I woke up to this morning. I groan and turn over, throwing my pillow over my head. Not going back to sleep because I know it's about time to get up, but muffling the awful sound of my sister, daliah, singing at the top of her lungs.

Finally after a few minutes she quiets, she must be in the shower now. Making it harder to hear her screeching. I shuffle my pillow off of my head and to the side now, sitting up in my bed and stretching my arms out to the side, and up. Standing up I walk to my vanity, mom got this for me when I graduated highschool, hoping I could take it with me to a college dorm. Little did she know I never applied to any colleges, I despised the thought of graduating after spending my whole life in school, going BACK to school. Maybe one day, but my passion was art. I wanted to be an artist, my work up in gallerys going for thousands of dollars to hang over some rich persons couch. I still think I have that passion. Somewhere. I lost it a year ago. I would do anything to sit and paint to my hearts content, but right now i'm stuck.

I sit on my stool and look at myself in the mirror, I looked dreadful. The nightmare I had last night had me tossing and turning through the night, my light strawberry red hair, a tangled mess, and my mascara from the night before. The black staining the inside, outside, over and under. Running down the side of my cheeks just a reminence of the tears shed in my sleep. taking my makeup remover I wipe away the dark color from my eyes like I try to wipe the memories of the nights terrors from my mind. I suddenly hear a door shut and light humming, letting me know daliah is done with the bathroom.

I stand up and walk to my door opening the only thing between my darkness and the light and airy feeling of the rest of the house. As I open my door, my sisters door closes, I walk over to the bathroom and enter the steam leftover from her shower. I lock the door behind me and start undressing myself to get in the shower, turning on the hot water, I turn to see a flash of myself in the mirror. While I wait for the water to warm back up I study myself, only seeing what little I can through the fogginess of the mirror. Running my hands over my stomach and feeling the indent in my skin. I cringe and pull my hand away, turning to get into the shower.
-
After my shower I brush my teeth and head back into my room I sit down in front of my vanity again. I pull out my leave in conditioner, rubbing it in my hands before stroking it through my tangled wet hair. After i'm satisfied with the saturation I brush through it with my big comb, finding it does the job better than a brush. Once finished I start on my face, rubbing in lotion and sunscreen, feeling light today I throw one coat of brown mascara hoping to not repeat the racoon look I was sporting this morning.

I stand up and walk to my dresser, grabbing some underwear and black tights with pockets on the side, then walking to my closet, picking out a black shirt that comes down and shows just a teensy bit of midriff, still covering enough to not show my scar, and throwing it over my head. Wearing bras is overrated, I don't have enough to really show anyways, being a B cup. At least I have decent butt to even me out a bit. Pulling my hair from the back of my shirt I quickly grab my bag and a claw clip in case I feel like putting my hair up when it's done drying.