2

Nie Huaisang fights with his Spiritual fan covering both Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen until got hurt by one of the demons trying to whip him with its tail. Wen Ning is trying his best to protect them from wave after wave of fierce corpses and Spirits and fighting back the sprites that tries to take over him.

As others got hurt Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan try to fight off the demon and brake the trap. Wei Wuxian succeeds in crack the ward. But before anyone can think a dragger glows with red and black energy piercing through his heart, making his golden core freeze itself. It was a cursed dragger, specially made for someone like him, who use both spiritual and resentful energy alike, courted with a poison that makes golden core freeze and stops his recovery.

"No." Lan Wangji Whispers. He can't lose his husband again. No not again. Not this soon. He would die rather than live without his husband.

"I-I am Sorry, Lan Zhan. I-" Wei Wuxian coughs a mouthful of blood.

Lan Wangji panicked. He can feel his husband's qi getting lower and lower. Their soul bond gets fainter with each passing second. Whoever attacked them knew their weakness. With tears flowing, he decides. If he going to lose his husband today, he will also follow him. Screw his immortality. Why does he live eternity, if he loses everyone he loves? He never wanted that anyway.

With a determined look, he get a talisman from his qiankun pouch, which was hidden away for a long time but was always with him. The talisman is one of his genius husband's inventions. But this one is written by him, and with Lan Clan's secret method he had hide his writing, so no one able to study and recreate it.

Wei Wuxian glanced at the blank on one side and the fully black-covered talisman in his husband's hand and look at Lan Zhan with wide eyes. Understanding whatever his husband is trying to do is nothing but dangerous.

"L-Lan Zhan W-What are you Doing? P-Please Don't. Y-You will d-die!"

Wei Wuxian reaches Lan Wangji with great effort, hissing as the dragger moves in his chest. But he doesn't care. Even though his golden core is frozen, his tiny silver core is still working. But its useless now with the cursed dragger piercing through his chest. The Yin energy in his silver core is focusing on spreading the curse through his body. but Wei Wuxian knew this time he won't get chance to fight off his death. He had died once. He knows he is dying. He knew what dying feels like. But he should stop his idiotic husband before he uses that talisman on him. He is sure one of the talismans he create to use at something happened to them. But he never knows if it will be successful because it's dangerous. He knew very well what will happen to his husband if he use that talisman.

"Love Wei Ying, always." Lan Zhan looks at his dying husband for the last time before closing his eyes, channeling his energy to the talisman in full power.

He felt his husband's spiritual power through their soul bond, and understand which talisman he had activated. With a push of remaining both his Qi and Yin energy, he succeeds in touching the talisman. It gets fully activated with blinding golden light mixed with light blue, red, silver and black energy lines curling around it before spreading around both of them like a bubble.

"Wei Ge! Xiandu!"

"Father! Dad! No!"

"Senior Wei! Hanguang-jun!"

Wei Wuxian heard distinct shouts of their son Sizhui, Jingyi and Wen Ning as the world around him get dark.