5

Wei Wuxian sobs as his husband tries to comfort him through their bond, humming their song 'Wangxian'. It calms him and he felt like Lan Zhan is beside him, singing to his ear. He is still in wet clothes and sitting on the floor. He wipes his tears with his wet sleeves. Finally, he feels like he can breathe. Knowing his husband is alright. He knows Lan Zhan might not be fine as he is saying. But he knows nothing will make danger to his husband other than that talisman. Lan Zhan is an Immortal, the youngest one ever in history. If he didn't cause his own death nothing will danger to him. But, he had designed that time travel talisman to separate one's spiritual consciousness from their mind and powered with their golden core to transfer it through time. He knew What Lan Zhan used was not his original talisman, it was a different one, a better and alternate one. He should ask him about it sooner.

A knock was heard before opening his room door. Jiang Yanli peeked inside, with a warm soup bowl in her hand. She is so small, in her ten year's old self. When he was a child, Jiang Yanli was someone he look up to as a big and brave woman. Now he can see how small she is. She is still a child herself, but looks after him and Jiang Cheng like a mother.

'ShiJié' Wei Ying's mind filled with a scene he last time saw her.

'XianXian'

Jiang Yanli smiled through her pain. Holding his face as he cries leaning to her touch.

'My A-Xian, You ran so fast. That I didn't have enough time to look at you. And talk with you. I want to tell you-'

Jiang Yanli looked at him with wide eyes, before pushing him aside. Taking a sword to her chest, piercing through her heart. Blood spreading on her mourning clothes fast. Jiang Cheng looked at her frozen in his place. ShiJié falls into Jiang Cheng's arms, eyes closed, dead. Leaving him alone.

'Wei Ying' Lan Zhan's voice through his mind, worried, making those painful memories go away. 'You are not alone. I am here, my love.'

'Lan Zhan, she is alive. What I am going to do?'

'Wei Ying, we will save her. She won't die this time.'

'Lan Zhan, b-but how I can take her love and care? I d-don't deserve her love.'

'Wei Ying deserves every love. Go, hug her. Don't make her worry. You are a child in her eyes. Her brother. Her three years old XianXian.'

'Lan Zhan'

'I am here. Go now.'

"A-Ying, you didn't come," Jiang Yanli said as she put the warm bowl of soup on his low table and walks to him, studying him head to toe. Her eyes get wide as she looks at his red puffy eyes.

"A-Ying," she said softly, worries filling her voice. Wei Wuxian doesn't remember how long it had been her calling him like that. Right. He still is known as Wei Ying. He will get his courtesy name in a few days since he finally has the golden core.

Wei Wuxian throws his tiny body at her. Hugging her body tightly, sobbing.

"A-Ying are you okay? Why are you crying?" she asks worriedly. Wei Wuxian doesn't reply. Burying his face in her clothes he breathes the familiar smell of lotus and honey.

"Oh, A-Ying!" she hugs him without another question. Patting his back softly as his cries decrease to sniffs. Her light pink color hanfu is now wet with his tears and snot and his drenched clothes.

Finally, after a few minutes of crying, Wei Wuxian pull back, with red puffy eyes and a red face. He smiles at her sheepishly, trying to do damage control why he suddenly broke down on his special day. Jiang Yanli chuckles at him, wiping his wet face with her handkerchief.