Part - 15 (The End)

Ok, I know this is a very late update. But all is well that ends well. So here is the epilogue for Mehbooba. Be sure to shower your love and kisses to our dear Arshi.

After a night there is always a bright sunny day waiting for you. That's what Arnav Singh Raizada's grams loved to say. In his childhood, Arnav used to roll his eyes listening to her philosophical words. But now as an adult, the man could relate to the old woman easily.

Being with Khushi Kumari Gupta taught ASR a lot many things. Firstly, one should not take anything for granted. Secondly, if you do so, then there is nothing wrong with being apologetic about it. And thirdly, nothing in this world remains constant. The cold and shrewd beast, who had once tried to humiliate Khushi had disappeared from the earth. No one had seen him in the past few years. Not since the memorable wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Akaash Oberoi.

Through a harsh lesson, Arnav realized that such arrogance was meant to be used constructively. So he chose to rule the corporate world using this tactic. And it bore him fruits. AR Designs was flourishing in the fashion industry. However, the man always chose to accept his wins with a bow, showing respect towards the one woman who had the power to change him. Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Everything was running smoothly. A thriving business. An understanding fiance. Some unexpected friends. He had it all. And then one fine day, three days before his wedding, Arnav Singh Raizada's world exploded. For the first time in his life, the most sorted man sensed fear. And the feeling was not good at all.

He sat in the hospital eyes wide open, with a gaping mouth as realization dawned upon him. Astonished he could only sympathize with his friend Akaash Oberoi. Yup. Over the years, Akaash and Payal Oberoi had somehow become a part of his family. Well, he could not help but include them in his little world as Payal was Khushi's bff. What started as a compromise for Khushi has turned into a beautiful friendship.

However, watching Akaash sweating and pacing like a mad dog made him restless. His thoughts halted immediately as he saw a cup of steaming coffee greet his sight. Arnav gulped and took the coffee with a look of gratitude. His fiance and soon-to-be wife passed him a smile. But the man wanted to clarify a few things. Pulling his girl next to him he declared in a no-nonsense tone.

"We are never doing this. I mean you won't be doing this. Samjhi tum! This is...this crazy! Khushi, I won't allow you...WHAT THE?! Tum Hass Rahi Ho??!?"
(You got it. Why are you laughing?)

His girl passed him a grin and sipped her coffee as if he just muttered something funny. Ughhh. What the hell is wrong with this woman?!? Arnav thought. Here he is trying to put some sense in her brains and Khushi is making fun of his words. The man elbowed her aggressively, drawing her attention. She stopped her giggling session watching his exasperated expressions.

"Haan hum has rahe hain. Come on Arnav. Be a man. Where is the great shrewd ASR? Don't tell me you are scared of all this. If I remember you were the one who wanted a big family."
(Yes I am laughing).

"Haan par aise nahi. Did you not see Payal's condition? That's not funny Khushi. And look at Akaash it's like he is prepared for a war.
I cannot do this. And being a businessman is different from becoming parents."
(Yes, but not like this).

Khushi tried to hide her smile. Her pursing lips made Arnav Singh Raizada stand up and walk away to the corridor. Yes, I am horrified. Yes, I had planned a big family. But this was not mentioned anywhere by anyone. He mused. Horrific pain. Screams of a would-be mother. A sweating would-be father. Gosh. What are the doctors doing to Payal right now? She chose a normal delivery. Does this mean they are making her push? Huh. Arnavs body shook imagining Khushi going through the horrendous labor. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, made him jump almost 3 feet in the air. He slumped on the wall realising it was only Khushi Kumari Gupta would be Raizada.